Thread: 403 Forbidden error when downloading manual of Sony Xperia P

403 Forbidden error when downloading manual of Sony Xperia P

I am going to get the Sony Xperia P when it will be launched in India. I hope that it will be launched in this month only. Anyways, now I a m trying to download the manual for that phone but whenever I try to download that from Sony support site then it shows me the “403 Forbidden error” and download gets aborted. I know that phone is not launched yet but if the manual is available for download then why I am not able to download that. Please help me friends, I am really eager to get the features and functions of this phone. Thank you!!!

Re: 403 Forbidden error when downloading manual of Sony Xperia P

I don’t know about reason for the error but I am attaching the manual for the Sony Xperia P here. I downloaded that from sony’s official website. I hope someone will reply with the reason/solution for this problem soon.

Sony Xperia P_ User guide

There is possibility that the file is no more available in that directly. It might be removed or moved to some other directory and link for that file is not changed on the website. If this is the case then you will get the 403 Forbidden error. Other than this, you must also check that if the page that you are browsing to download the manual is ended with the ‘/’ and not with the exact Web page extension like .htm or .html. It will also create the same error message. If this is true then you will have to get access to the access individual Web pages from that website. These are the only two reasons that I can guess for the time and hope that it will be helpful for you.

Normally you will get the 403 Forbidden error as the HTTP status code. This error means that getting access to that particular page is prohibited. There might be any reason for this. You can try to get access to the same page after a few days. If the restriction is removed from that page then you will not get that error message again. Other than this, it is also worth to check for the errors in the URL. If the URL used is pointing to the web directory rather than the web pages then you may get that error.

There is not one reason for this error to come. Are you running some personal firewall software otherwise any antivirus in your computer? This could lead the problems similar to this. Other than this, if you are having the web accelerator software or else download assistant then that can show you such errors. If the Windows Update site control in your case is lost otherwise broken then the server returns you the 403 Forbidden error. The most possible reason for this is when the host file is broken or having incorrect information in that. There is less but still have possibilities that browser you are using is having some missing or corrupted file which leads to display the script on the page. These are some of the reasons that bring such error to the system, so you can check that which one is applicable in your case.