Thread: Unable to get the device certificate error C00D11E3 error on Sony Walkman NWZ-B153

Unable to get the device certificate error C00D11E3 error on Sony Walkman NWZ-B153

I have bought the Sony Walkman NWZ-S544BLK 8 GB Digital player / radio. Yesterday, I was trying to sync that and that started to sync. Suddenly it aborted the sync process and showed me the error: C00D11E3 and shows me the description as “Unable to get the device certificate”. This was not the problem with the mp3 player that I was having before. I am not able to understand that what can be the reason for this problem and so I am posting this over here. Again I tried to sync with one by one file and that found that this problem is only with the WMA files. All the other files are getting sync without any problem. Is there someone else who have faced the same problem? Please help me.

Re: Unable to get the device certificate error C00D11E3 error on Sony Walkman NWZ-B153

This is basically because of the outdated or corrupted firmware. There have been many of the similar cases as you have mentioned and corrupted firmware turns out to be the reason for that. So, just check that what version of the firmware you are using and search for the latest version of the firmware available. Upgrade to the latest version of it and see if you are getting the same problem again.

Re: Unable to get the device certificate error C00D11E3 error on Sony Walkman NWZ-B153

There might be some problem with the settings in the MP3 player that you are using. I am saying this because you were not having the problem with the mp3 player that you were suing before. You can try by resetting the settings of that to default and see if that can make any change. Other than this, if you are getting the error message as “Unable to get the device certificate” then there is also possibility that the device that you are using is locked from the manufacturer. If this is the case then you are left with no option other than to contact with the manufacturer and they will let you know that what is the reason for this and how can it be resolved.

To get this problem resolved, you will have to uncheck the 'copy protect music'. This can be done by clicking on some of the tabs from the top. So click on the tab and select the options menu. Now you will have to click the tab texted as rip music. From there look for the checkbox which says “copy protect music” and uncheck that option if it is selected. Now save the changes that you have made. Try to sync that again. I don’t think that you will get that error again.