Thread: Removing F-Secure that comes with Symbian Belle update in Nokia N8

Removing F-Secure that comes with Symbian Belle update in Nokia N8

We all know that Nokia N8 is coming with the belle update but along with that, it is also having the F-Secure Mobile Security. I don’t like this restriction from Nokia and want to know that is there is some way to remove the F-Secure. So, can someone over here tell me any method to remove that from my Nokia N8. Thank you in advance.

Re: Removing F-Secure that comes with Symbian Belle update in Nokia N8

I would like to tell you that all the mobile phones are having the security settings option in some or the other way. This is implemented with the update so that you will get better protection for your phone. However, if you wish then you can also change the settings. You will just have to go to the security settings and if you have changed the SIM card then you will have to open the lock by entering the password. Now you will get two options as enable and disable. Set that according to your need. It will only change/disable the setting and does not mean that it is removed from your phone. If you want then you can also enable that again. I don’t think that it is possible to completely remove this from your phone.

There is very simple method to remove that from your phone. So first of all make sure that the application is not currently opened in your phone. Just go to that application and long press the icon for that. It will show you one warning that will tell you “’Mobile Security’ and associated content will be removed from your phone > Continue?” Click on yes as you want to remove that from your phone. As you click on “Yes” button then that will show you the progress bar for removing the application and it will be removed in seconds. I don’t think that it is that difficult to remove it from your phone.

There is very simple method to remove that from your phone. So first of all make sure that the application is not currently opened in your phone. Just go to that application and long press the icon for that. It will show you one warning that will tell you “’Mobile Security’ and associated content will be removed from your phone. Continue?” Click on yes as you want to remove that from your phone. As you click on “Yes” button then that will show you the progress bar for removing the application and it will be removed in seconds. I don’t think that it is that difficult to remove it from your phone.
    Hey, I have already tried with that but that is also not working for me. When I try to do that then it shows me the message as “Removal failed”. I tried it many of the times but all the times it shows me the same message. There is also one more application as “Security Engine”. Please tell me, how can I deal with that?

I don’t know how it is not working for you. I have also removed that with the same method as posted above. OK…I am posting the exact method that I used to make it. First of all, open the F-Secure after that click right button on that application “Exit”. When you click on that then program will warn you that all of the security features will stop. Confirm that warning by clicking on OK button. Now go through the same steps mentioned above, by long pressing the application icon. Make sure that you remove the Mobile Security first and after that remove the Security Engine.