Thread: Unable to login to Facebook, Twitter and MySpace with Blackberry Torch

Unable to login to Facebook, Twitter and MySpace with Blackberry Torch

Hi friends, I have recently bought a Blackberry Torch and I am unable to login into my Facebook account. It can be because I have bought it just last night so I don’t really know how to use it or maybe I am doing something wrongly. Earlier I was using Blackberry curve and never faced any problems with that. I was able to browse internet and was even able to enjoy the social networking sites. But don’t know what’s wrong with this one. I have FB app already installed on my blackberry Torch whenever I try to login into Facebook or Twitter my phone replies me with this sentence “we cannot reach the Facebook server at this time please try again later. (100).” Can anyone please help me with this as it has become very annoying? Hope to get some help from you guys.

Re: Unable to login to Facebook, Twitter and MySpace with Blackberry Torch

I was having the same issue and like you didn’t know what to do? I was initially using 3G connection but after some time I turned on Wi-Fi and to my surprise now my Facebook and Twitter works fine. To connect the Facebook app using Wi-Fi follow these steps:
    1. On your Blackberry Torch tap on the clock, a drop down menu will appear on the screen.
    2. The first line will be of mobile network with a Wi-Fi option. Tap on the Wi-Fi menu it will give a pop up if Wi-Fi is not setup on your phone. Now follow the instructions and then after that connect. Once you are connected it will show the name of the server to which you are connected.
    3. Once you are done with the Setup and connection go to the browser and check if you are able to access the internet or not.
    4. If you are unable to access Wi-Fi and your connection provider is forcing you to use the 3G connection then unfortunately you will have to root the mobile phone which might void your warranty.

Hope this helps you to connect you to the Facebook through your Facebook app.

I would like to inform you that Blackberry App is not available in ever part of or in all all the countries of world there is a list of countries from which you can access the blackberry app. So just check in the location from where you are trying to use the Facebook app. To check the list of countries in which there is availability of Blackberry app follow this link.

I hope you are not using your blackberry phone as a work phone. Most of the people use their Blackberry phones as the work phones with some of the servers. Whenever the Content protection is turned on such issues occur. The Blackberry Smartphone which is locked can make use content protection to encrypt all the data which is associated with the third party applications such as Facebook, twitter and all other applications that user installs on the Smartphone. So check whether content protection is on in your blackberry phone if it is on then turn it off and see if you are now able to access the internet or not.