Thread: It is possible to get messages or calls from 2 sim on Standby mode in Nokia 101

It is possible to get messages or calls from 2 sim on Standby mode in Nokia 101

I am planning to gift a Nokia 101 to my dad in some days for his birthday but before going on with the purchase I just had a query which I wanted to get sorted out. My dad is at the movement using two different set of mobile phones so I decided to go with the Nokia 101 Dual sim phone. Now I just want to know will both the Sims be active at the same time. Means suppose if I get a call on the Sim 1 and I receive the call and start with the conversation and during this time if I get a call on Sim 2 so will my sim 2 be active and I’ll get a second call or will my second sim will be inactive. I hope you are clear with what I asked? Hope someone replies soon as I want to gift the cell phone to my dad on his birthday and its approaching.

Re: It is possible to get messages or calls from 2 sim on Standby mode in Nokia 101

In the standby mode both the Sims are active and you can receive calls or messages on any of the Sims. I receive so many calls and messages on both the Sims but I haven’t noticed anything such as you are asking. When my first call is active I have never received call on the other sim so I don’t know what exactly happens. But I am able to receive call on my same sim on which my first call is active, may be this is because of the call waiting service. I feel call waiting service might be also valid for second sim. I don’t have much knowledge about it so will have to check it.

Re: It is possible to get messages or calls from 2 sim on Standby mode in Nokia 101

Yes you can receive a call or message on any of the Sims when the phone is in the standby mode but once you receive a call or message on any of the sim the other sim becomes inactive. I’ll explain this to you in more proper manner. Suppose if you receive a call on Sim 1 then now your Sim 2 becomes inactive and you will not be able to receive any calls on Sim 2 till the Sim 1 is active once again. Same goes with the messages once you receive a message on one sim the other sim will be inactive for the time being. Hope you understand this.