Thread: How to extend Blackberry Torch battery life

How to extend Blackberry Torch battery life

Now I do want to know how exactly people manages to increase their blackberry’s torch battery life beyond the capacity. I have heard many a times people saying that they have a longer battery life in their blackberry smartphone. Now my question is how they make it possible. First of all let me know is it really possible to extend your torch battery life as much as possible. The only related thing I have heard about blackberry is that it is one of the most user friendly phone in the world of smartphone. You can easily customize this phone as according to your requirement, that’s why it is said that this phone has the capacity to adapt as according to your lifestyle. Anyone who knows how to extend the torch battery life of this blackberry, please help me out.

Re: How to extend Blackberry Torch battery life

Yeah you can easily raise the battery life of your blackberry Torch phone with following a simple steps but let me tell you that you actually cant extend the torch battery life as according to your requirement or as much as you want. It’s only that there are certain things that you need to take care off while using your Blackberry Torch that might help you in saving the battery of the phone and I am going to help you out with those steps.

Anyways here are the steps that you need to follow in order to successfully get your torch battery life extended. Here are the steps:
    • First of all go to the Home Screen of Blackberry Torch and there on the text you need to type “Brightness”, then select the option
    • Within that option click on the Screen display and then you will be displayed with certain brightness options, over there you might find the Backlight Brightness. Make sure that you adjust the backlight brightness to near around 30 and also adjust your Backlight Timeout to 20 seconds if possible.
    • Other than the Backlight option also see to it that the option “Automatically Dim Backlight” is already selected, if not then select it. Now save the changes made by hitting the Menu button and save. Now reboot your Blackberry Torch and done.

This is my brand new Blackberry Torch which I bought last week. Let me tell you that before Torch I was with Blackberry Curve and the best part about this phone was without any trouble this phone’s battery life used to go beyond 2 days and at least it used to work the complete 3 days if heavily used.

I was really very much upset with the battery performance of this newly bought handset. Within a week of use I easily understood that its battery power is too week and performance wise its too low. I did lots of research with its battery but never got a proper solution or main cause of such high battery usage. Maybe the battery life is ok but I am getting such negative feels because the previous mobile gave me the better performance with respect the battery. But that wasn’t the fact I was all the way right with my negative feeling and I however managed to get the main cause of the issue. It was an application that was preinstalled into this Torch mobile that was purposely draining my battery because after uninstalling that app the battery performance became better but the issue wasn’t resolved completely.

When contacted the support center they told me that the issue is with the GPS; actually in my case the GPS was by default turned ON in my mobile and they say that GPS could be one of the biggest reason for such battery drainage issue. Its better to either turn off the GPS or make sure that should always prefer to zoom out the function in order to get the largest area that is viewable and is very much useful for you.

However now I am no more facing this problem as I followed their instruction and also I think your suggestion are the best one that should definitely be implemented. I will follow all the above suggestion and take the precautions now onwards in order to improve the battery performance.

Yeah you can easily raise the battery life of your blackberry Torch phone with following a simple steps but let me tell you that you actually cant extend the torch battery life as according to your requirement or as much as you want. It’s only that there are certain things that you need to take care off while using your Blackberry Torch that might help you in saving the battery of the phone
    I do agree this statement. Obviously everyone know that there is no special method from which you can extend any phone’s battery life, only thing you can do is try to save the battery power as much as possible which in turns increases and extends the battery life. Instead of creating a thread about such question if you search it on Google you might find several tips and methods from which you can easily increase your battery life without having any special treatment. Even if you visit Blackberry’s official website I guess you might end up getting several suggestions for the same.

Not a specific method but if you need I can definitely help you with providing certain dos and don’ts that might help you to save and increase your battery life.

• Starting with the charging, always remember that it is better recommended to charge up your Blackberry phone to the fullest, the best method that is preferable and also recommended way for charging is to use wall charger
    • Browsing also plays a major role in eating up your battery life so always make sure that you prefer only mobile compatible sites on your blackberry phone and not try to open any site that is not applicable to your mobile.
    • Then other than this you can also manage to keep those appeared animation (while browsing on the webpage)to the lower setting, for this what you can do is lower the repeat Animation by going into the General Properties in your Browser. Last and most importantly whenever you are done with your browsing activity make sure that you exit the browser properly (properly means to close it by clicking on the Exit or Esc button and not by simply hitting the call disconnect (red) button)
    • Media plays the major role in eating up your battery if you are an entertainment lover. Anyways if you care about your battery always prefer to play the music or video at a low volume, and then you can also go for using a headphone (hope you prefer this anyways). The best thing you can do with media is trying loading or opening it from the Blackberry Desktop Manager and lastly you can keep your equalizer settings switched off.
    • If you have a data plan active within your phone then this point is useful and much required for you. Always remember that you turn off all sort of connection that are nowhere in use or if you are completed with its work. Connection like wifi, Bluetooth etc comes under those connection lists. The best thing you can do is set those connections as Automatic Off so that even if you forget to turn off any of the connection they will get automatically disconnected by it.
    • Try to avoid long processes and instead you can go with using shortcuts. Java Menus nowhere seems to be doing well.
    • I have noticed number of times in several users mobile that if they opens an application then never close it rather they just leave it open running behind the background. Remember that running application are always active and therefore they tends to utilize as much as power that a normal opened application need. It happens without your knowledge so whenever you open any application make sure that you close it properly.

There are few more things that I guess the above friend has missed out unknowingly and I believe that they are the most important one that is to be known by everyone for a better battery life:
    • Cameras are something that comes under a regular usage and obviously everyone knows that it eats up lots of battery charge but do any one know what exactly causes such high battery usage. Camera flash is the main culprit for the high battery usage so better you turn off the camera flash and ON only when required. Other than this make sure that you keep the picture quality, size and the color effects to normal.
    • Some default features like backlight and other screen and keyboard related things are always needed to be controlled such as controlling the backlight brightness from the screen options. Also the timeout should be reduced. Key tone are something that are never necessary so better try to turn them off and along with that also mute the audible roll from the same screen and keyboard options
    • rest are not so necessary but however recommended ones, such as turning off the audible notification from the profiles and then also turning off the coverage LED from the same profiles