Thread: Opera for Samsung Wave S8500 bada operating system

Opera for Samsung Wave S8500 bada operating system

Opera had been a best browser all the time in my Nokia phones but I didn’t like the PC version of Opera. There were actually 2 different Opera browsers for mobile platform and they are: Opera Mini and Opera mobile. Few days ago I have got Samsung Wave S8500, which is running Bada OS. I would like to install and use Opera on this phone. So which version of Opera is compatible with BADA OS? What are the new features included in Opera for BADA OS?

Re: Opera for Samsung Wave S8500 bada operating system

It is quite sure that most BADA OS users had been looking forward to use a world class browser on their Samsung phone. The first intention to use Opera Mini browser on phone is to save money and data traffic. This browser is a good choice for those who prefer pay per use data package on their phone. Because the Opera browser has the capability to reduce the data traffic by up to 90%. So Opera as finally decided to launch its browser for BADA platform also. Opera Mini is already popular on many platform including Smartphones, mobile phones and Tablet PCs. When you try to open a web page on Opera Mini, first it will be loaded on Opera's servers and then amount of page data is compressed almost 90% before being sent the phone’s browser. Due to this pages loading on Opera Mini are faster and accurate than any other browser. Now Samsung phones which are equipped with BADA OS version 2.0 or later can install Opera Mini for Bada is 6.5.11.

Re: Opera for Samsung Wave S8500 bada operating system

I hope that you are talking about the Samsung GT-S8500 Wave phone. For this phone you can have both Opera Mini & Opera Mobile. I have tested Opera Mini 6.5 as well as Opera Mini 4.4. Both are supported on this phone. I didn’t try the Opera Mini 5.1 yet but I hope that it will also work. If it doesn’t work, you can tweak around it a little to get it work fine. Also there is a Samsung’s dedicated application store from where you can download apps and browsers. You will get only compatible apps there. Otherwise connect the phone to PC via Kies. Like this way also you can install Opera on your phone.