Thread: Headphone jack of Lenovo ideapad K1 not working at all

Headphone jack of Lenovo ideapad K1 not working at all

I have been using Lenovo ideapad K1 and every things was working fine by now. I don’t know what has went wrong with the Headphone jack of it and now. I have found that it is not working at all. No matter what I am playing games, videos, music etc when I am plugging the headphone then I am not getting any sound from the headphones. The ideapad continues to play the sound in the speaker. I am not getting the icon of the headphone after plugging it like before. Previously I thought there is something wrong with the headphone but after testing it out with other devices I have found it to be working without any such issues. I am quite sure that there is something wrong with the Headphone jack. I have tried rebooting the ideapad with the headphone plugged in thinking it will detect them but it’s not. Is there anything that I can try out here or I should better visit the service center for fixing it out??

ShiamakD Guest

Re: Headphone jack of Lenovo ideapad K1 not working at all

If you want then you can try doing a factory reset and see if it is helping. You just have to go in to Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset. If that does not work then you can try updating the software of your Lenovo ideapad K1. I am not sure if that will work but you can give it a try and see if it is making any difference in your case. If that does not help then the Headphone jack might have turned faulty and you will have to visit the service center for the same. Since you have confirm it by plugging some other headphone and testing it out I am quite sure that is due to some hardware fault. Doing a factory reset will delete all the data and will rest it to Android 3. So make sure you are taking the backup of the crucial data that you need before doing that.

I have checked about the same and have found some solutions that have helped out others in similar conditions. So if you want then you can try out them as well and see if it is helping you out or not.
    • Try updating the Lenovo app store.
    • If that does not help then download "toggleheadset2" by going to the Google Play store and install it. Push the + button and make sure that you are on the widgets tab. Now scroll and check out for widget that says "Toggle Headset 2" and move the same to your screen. So now after plugging in the headphones you just have to push that button.

Just try out these things and post back if any of these solution is working out for you.

Hey guys thanks for your interest but I have tried doing a factory reset several times and it is just not making any difference in my case and I am still not getting sound from the headphones. I have tried updating the Lenovo app store as well as downloading and installing "toggleheadset2" as mentioned but even thats not helping. This makes me think that there is some hardware fault in the Headphone jack of my Lenovo ideapad K1. Anyways I have contacted the Lenovo support for the same and have mentioned the solution that I have tried so far. They have suggested me to get it checked from the nearest Lenovo service center. I will be doing the same and will let you all know what the issue was all about after getting it fixed.

I am having weird case with the Headphone’s when using them with Lenovo ideapad K1. I am not sure if this is a hardware fault or software. In my case when I am plugging the headphones then I am getting noisy sound from them which is very irritating. I have tried testing out it with other headphones as well and I am getting same response from them, the same headphones are working fine without any such issues when I am using them with other devices. The issue is just with the Lenovo ideapad K1. I have tried out the possible solutions like doing a factory rest and now updating the Lenovo app store and using the "toggleheadset2" widget after coming here but they are not making any difference in my case as well. The headphones are getting detected well and that’s confusing me to narrow down the issue to software side or hardware side. Is there anyone who has faced or come across such issue and can suggest me some other effective solution for fixing this other than the ones that are already mentioned here??