| || |
Join Date: Jul 2011
Re: Update Ice Cream Sandwich on Samsung Galaxy S2
Here I would like to give some steps to install Ice Cream Sandwich on Samsung Galaxy S2.
- First of all to install Ice Cream Sandwich on Samsung Galaxy S2 you need to have Samsung Kies software. To download Samsung Kies software click below:
Click here to download Samsung Kies software
- Once you have installed Samsung Kies software you need to go through following steps:
- Launch Samsung Kies software on your system
- Plug-in Samsung Galaxy S2 via Micro USB to USB cable on your system.
- When you connect Micro USB you will get message about new software version and along with this you will get option to update, click on update button to start the update process. if you don’t get any update option then you should manually try to use Firmware upgrade option in Samsung Kies software.
- When you click on upgrade or Firmware upgrade option you will get dialog box and under that click on ‘I have read all of the above information' and then choose ‘Start upgrade'. Now you will get option to backup your phone data at this point and I strongly recommend you to backup your phone data because when you update Samsung Galaxy S2 to Ice Cream Sandwich, you will lose all previous date. Once you finish backup, then click update or Complete.
- Now your Kies will download latest update for your device, this might take some time to download. Note: while downloading and installing update do not disconnect the handset. When Kies complete downloading and installing latest version firmware you will get message ‘Firmware upgrade complete'. Now click on ok button ad phone automatically restart itself. When phone starts you will have Ice Cream Sandwich.