Thread: Sony Xperia P NFC device to use MasterCard PayPass technology

Sony Xperia P NFC device to use MasterCard PayPass technology

I am really excited about Sony Xperia P Smartphone’s. Recently MasterCard announced that said phone is going to use MasterCard PayPass technology. It will help the users to get fast and secure payment around the world. So let me know what do you mean by NFC? Let me correct if I posted any wrong information over here. I would like to appreciated for any comments. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Sony Xperia P NFC device to use MasterCard PayPass technology

Well NFC stands for Near Field Communication. It allows smartphones to communicate by means of radio signals by simply bringing close. Currently it is utilized into data exchange and contact less transactions. We can also establish and communicate with device which is powered by NFC and un-powered NFC chip.

I do agree with the thing that you had stated above. Apart from Sony Xperia P following are the some other Sony smartphones, certified to use MasterCard PayPass technology.
    • Sony Xperia S
    • Sony Xperia sola.

Re: Sony Xperia P NFC device to use MasterCard PayPass technology

Also MasterCard introduced as MasterCard PayPass Ready identifier. It will help the end user to figure out whether the device is enabled with MasterCard PayPass technology. It should be tested and available for Smartphone manufacturer.

MasterCard PayPass Ready can be utilized to appropriate deployment of PayPass concept. Nokia and RIM were the first couple of manufacture who introduced the same. They are able to test and certify the devices with the help of EMVCo and NFC. Also they are doing thorough testing of the situation that device should function properly.

I am expecting that there would be huge number of mobiles phones which are going to use said technology and it should become simple and smart way to do secure payment using MasterCard PayPass network.