Thread: Sony Xperia P negative and positive points

Sony Xperia P negative and positive points

I just heard that Sony Xperia P has been launched. I watched its preview on internet and also some advertisements. From its looks, I think that it is one of the finest smartphones available in the market. I think that after some weeks I’ll buy one for myself. But before getting it for myself, I want to know the positive and the negative things about it.

It would be better to know these things in advance or it will become problematic after knowing it after purchasing it. Can someone who has used it or has some friend who has used Sony Xperia P yell me the positive and negative points about it?

Re: Sony Xperia P negative and positive points

I just saw its demonstration at our local Sony’s showroom and from its looks it looks like a very rich model. The looks are designed such ha it makes on feel that he/she I holding a bar of platinum in hands. It has a beautifully designed body made of aluminum. It is not only just beautiful, but from its built, it looks sturdy and strong. The display of Sony Xperia P also looked excellent due to its large size and the brightness it gives.

This smartphone is made smaller in size as compared to Sony Xperia S. The best part is that the body is made smaller than Sony Xperia S but the screen is larger. The aluminum that is used to construct the body of Sony Xperia P, gives a good feeling to user of the smartphone when held in hand. Also the phone is bit wider in size than iPhone 4s. But just because its screen is large, that doesn’t mean it will become difficult for user to user it. The manufacturers have taken care that one can use and navigate the mobile by just use of a single finger, which is thumb.

The display used in Sony Xperia P is around 4 inches wide when measured diagonally. It gives resolution of 960 X 540. The best part of this display is that it uses WhiteMagic display technology. Due to this technology, the screen can give extra brightness. This will help the user to read the content on the screen of Sony Xperia P even when it is under direct sunlight. Many users had complained about improper button placement of Sony Xperia S. But this issue too has been resolved in Sony Xperia P and it has three buttons on its body, which are, back, home and menu. The measured weight of Sony Xperia P is just 120 grams which makes it light in weight and easy to handle. The thickness of the smartphone’s body is much larger than an usual smartphone but that’s fine as it provides strength to it. Sony Xperia P is also good for playing music as the sound quality it provides is very good. The placement of the speaker and its quality provides a rich experience for music listeners.

Sony Xperia P has inbuilt NFC which can be used to launch apps, change settings by using the SmartTags manufactured by Sony itself. This smartphone comes with total memory space of 16 GB out of which 13GB is available for the user’s storage. Sony Xperia P will have a eight mega pixel camera which will have backside-illuminated sensors. Due to this technology, there will be very less shutter time giving a good fps for video shooting. The best feature of the camera is that you can click the pictures even when the Sony Xperia P is locked. All you need to do is to point the camera towards your subject and press the click button. The camera will automatically snap the pictures.

There are few more interesting specs like it comes with a 1 GHz processor which helps to keep it running smoothly. This feature is a necessity for such a high end smart phone. The battery life is also good for Sony Xperia P as it can be used for around seven to eight hour depending on the activities you perform on it.

Quote Originally Posted by cech View Post
    But before getting it for myself, I want to know the positive and the negative things about it. It would be better to know these things in advance or it will become problematic after knowing it after purchasing it. Can someone who has used it or has some friend who has used Sony Xperia P yell me the positive and negative points about it?
    Asking about the negative points of Sony Xperia P, the first thing that I was disappointed was the operating system that is available in it by default. Sony Xperia P comes with Android 2.3 Gingerbread in it. I mean there is Android 4.0 Ice cream sandwich available in many of the latest smartphones, so why can’t it be in Sony Xperia P.

The manufacturers have said that they will upgrade this smartphone with Android 4.0 Ice cream sandwich soon. This smartphone has a unibody, thus the battery of Sony Xperia P is non-removable. As we know that most of the fancy features and applications in the smartphones consume a large amount of battery. It will be difficult if someone finishes battery in between the day. He will have t carry a charger around with him/her. One cannot carry an spare battery as it will be of no use. So Sony Xperia P is not recommended if you need to travel much. This smartphone also does not have an expansion slot for memory cards. Thus, one will have to depend on the manufacture provided 13 GB of memory space only.

I found that there is no plastic cover available to cover the slots and points where there are openings on body of Sony Xperia P. There should be plastic covers present as dust might spoil the connection between its accessories and the smartphone. Sony Xperia P also suffers from ‘Death Grip’ problem. Due to this many, times while holding Sony Xperia P with are hands causes fluctuation in receiving of the signals. It is also seen that quality of picture clicked using the camera of Sony Xperia P is lower than that of Sony Xperia S. Also the camera of Sony Xperia P takes a long time to adjust white balance to the bright spots in the environment. Thus as mentioned by one of the user, that this smartphone can click photos also when it is locked; this feature won’t be useful in bright environments as the camera won’t adjust the white balance properly. Due to this, user will find the pictures lightly washed off and there might be lack of colors.