Thread: Nokia N950 and Nokia N9 OpenVPN download

Nokia N950 and Nokia N9 OpenVPN download

I have tried doing the OpenVPN download for Nokia N950 and Nokia N9 however he process failed to complete. I added repository to my device, updated list of all applications and installed OpenVPN. When I tried to start the OpenVPN application through a root console, it gave me an error message saying,
    RM680-22-6_PR_RM680:~# /etc/init.d/openvpn start
    -sh: /etc/init.d/openvpn: Operation not permitted
    Even the verification process fails to work properly, it also generates an error messages. I think that error lies in the deb files of the OpenNPN system. Can anybody tell me what the problem can be?

Re: Nokia N950 and Nokia N9 OpenVPN download

This error that you are getting is caused due to the origin package supplied by Aegis limits. Also since you have got it from origin package it will have limited capabilities. You won’t be allowed to use it to its full extent. If you want the full capabilities with the OpenVPN downloading, then you will need to send it over to com.nokia.maeomo where they will officially launch it and you will get full repository. Also see the version of firmware that you are using for OpenVPN downloading.

You need to have TUN/TAP drivers present in the firmware that you are using for establishing OpenVPN download properly. Another reason for failed OpenVPN downloading must be the eliminated DAC_OVERRIDE Posix capability. You can check out for this problem in output of the "accli -I" when performing the devlesh session of the repository.

The only possible solution that I can suggest you at present is to update the /var/run/resolv.conf.devicename file. Also clearing of dnsmasq cache might help you to proceed the process of OpenVPN downloading properly. It would be better if Nokia N9 had a in-built VPN client as its hardware is capable of handling it.