Thread: Lenovo Ideapad A1 reboots when using Maps App

Lenovo Ideapad A1 reboots when using Maps App

I have bought a Lenovo Ideapad A1 recently and I am having issues with Maps app. I mean when I am trying to use the same, my Ideapad is rebooting itself and really don’t know how, I am not able to track out the cause of the issue as well. I have crossed checked out this case with one of my friend having Lenovo Ideapad A1 and even he is suffering the same, Is there anything I can try out for fixing this issue?? Is there anyone who has come across this??

Re: Lenovo Idealpad A1 reboots when using Maps App

I have found a number of people facing this issue, anyways to fix this out you just have to update the Google Maps to v6.0.0 and higher. Since you have bought it now there are possibilities that the maps would not have been updated, I did not thought that this will be an incompatibility issue as the company won’t deliver their Ideapad’s with apps having issue like this. I think that there is something else going wrong with the map app but upgrading the Google Maps to v6.0.0 and higher has really solved out the same for a number of people out there. Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping you out as well or not.

Re: Lenovo Idealpad A1 reboots when using Maps App

After your suggestion I have tried upgrading the Google Maps to v6.0.0 and the map is not crashing anymore but I have noticed that the GPS feature is not working. The gps feature is not working for any of the application which uses GPS, I have tested out "GPS Essentials". I had not inspected the same previously. Actually I was not aware that our location can be determined by the Google maps based on the WIFI connection. So in my case it was appearing to be working because of the wifi but when I turned it off then the application were not working using the gps. Is there anything that I can do about this now?? I have already updated the apps and now when i am trying to update the system by going in to Settings > About Tablet > System Update then it is saying "Your system is currently up to date". What are my options now for fixing this issue?? Any further suggestions will be appreciated.