Thread: iPhone 4S Sync session failed error

iPhone 4S Sync session failed error

I own an iPhone 4S and the problem that I am having with it currently is that when I am trying to sync it then the process is getting stuck on step 1/5 "starting sync session" and nothing happens at that time. When I wait for some time without interrupting the process then I get an error message saying "iPhone could not sync because the sync session failed to start." I have checked out for the same on the web and have found very few having this issue. I have not yet came across any effective solution to fix this out, is there anyone else who had faced the same previously and has managed to fix it out. I have tried re-syncing several times but I am getting the same error message again and again. I have tried resetting the phone as well thinking it will make some difference but it did not. Is there anything I can try out here?? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: iPhone 4S Sync session failed error

Before I suggest you something about this I just wanted to know that have tried out the below possible solutions?? If not then try out the same and see if you are able to get any help from them.
    • Try restoring the phone by putting it in DFU Mode
    • Try out uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes.

Just try these things and then let me know the response you are getting for them so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing. If none of them is making any difference in your case then you will have to try out updating the software, what is the current software version in your case??

The current software in my case is iOS 5.1, anyways I just wanted to inform that I had tried out uninstalling and reinstalling the iTunes previously and it had not made any difference. After your suggestion I have tried restoring the phone by putting it in the DFU mode but that’s not helping as well. Other than this I have tried out deleting the mobilesync files in library folder as suggested by some users saying that it has solved out the issue in their case. I think that they might be luck with it as I have tried deleting mobilesync files in library folder and I am still not having any luck out here, I have tried out almost all the possible solution that I have found and that have been suggested to me. Is there any other effective solution that I can try out further for fixing this??

I have checked out for the same and have found the below two possible solution to be mentioned as working by few people who were facing the same issue. So if you want then you can try it out and see if it is helping you as well or not.
    First open iTunes > Preferences > Devices and now delete the backup. When you are done with the same then Reset Sync History and Close iTunes, now try out
    • the Sync again and check out if it is working.
    • If that does not help then update to iOS 5.1.1.

If that’s not making any difference in your case as well then I don’t think that there is any other solution that you can try out currently for fixing the issue and you will have to probably wait for 5.1.2 for a fix. Just try these solutions first and then post back the result that you get for them.