Thread: Getting Google Play Store update on Lenovo ideapad K1

Getting Google Play Store update on Lenovo ideapad K1

I am having a Lenovo ideapad K1, its working fine, no problem. I have a problem with my Android Store. As we all know Google Market has been updated and renamed to Google Play Store. I haven't received that update yet. Still its Android Market on my Lenovo ideapad K1 Tab. I am still using the android market to have applications.

I want to update to Google Play. Can anyone help me in getting the Google Play store?

Re: Getting Google Play Store update on Lenovo ideapad K1

You can update the android market to the Google Play store. with the following steps:

• Go to Settings -> Apps -> Market and tap the Clear data button.1
    • Open any of the play application and tap the new Play Store icon.
    • Accept the new terms and services and you will be able to see the new Google Play Store.

This will enable the new Google play icon and you have the access to the new Google play not to the old Android market.

There is another way to get the Google Play Store. I had the same problem in my Galaxy Tab. The Google Play store didn’t came after many tries. After some workaround i found that we need to go to the settings. Tap on applications. Now go to manage applications, select all application and then scroll down to market. In market clear all the cache and the data from it. After clearing the data and the cache open the market and then it will prompt you to accept the new terms and conditions of Google play. Accept it and the application will update automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by orton View Post
    There is another way to get the Google Play Store. I had the same problem in my Galaxy Tab. The Google Play store didn’t came after many tries. After some workaround i found that we need to go to the settings. Tap on applications. Now go to manage applications, select all application and then scroll down to market. In market clear all the cache and the data from it. After clearing the data and the cache open the market and then it will prompt you to accept the new terms and conditions of Google play. Accept it and the application will update automatically.
    Thats exactly correct. You can also update to Google play by directly downloading its .apk file and installing on your device. As you install the APK in you device it will be automatically updated to the Google play. You can download the APK from the internet and then install it.