Thread: Looking for good and bad points of Sony Xperia P design

Looking for good and bad points of Sony Xperia P design

I am willing to get Sony Xperia P but before getting the same I want to know the advantage and disadvantage of the phone, some positive and negative points about it. These information will help me out in making the choice ,I have checked out and there are some other phones in the market that are giving competition to Sony Xperia P like Sony Sola, so which one will be better amongst them?? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Looking for good and bad points of Sony Xperia P design

I won’t say much about the pros as one can easily make out the same from the specification of the phone, so I am just putting a light on the pros according to me.
    • Beautiful design and brushed aluminum chassis
    • Good build quality
    • Bright 4-inch display
    • 8 mp front camera

As far as the disadvantage is concerned I think that the Sony Xperia P is quite heavier and bulkier. It is having poor front camera, lower Bluetooth version and the biggest two disadvantage of the phone is that it is not having a microSD card slot for additional storage space and a non removable battery. These are the things required these days, I don’t know why every other company is trying to follow the path of apple, It was Samsung and htc first and now this time its sony. Anyways Sony Xperia P will be costing around $599 and I think that in that range there are other phones delivering much bigger screen, WhiteMagic technology, Hi-def video recorder along with microSD card slot.

I think that Sony Xperia P is better than Sony Sola and it is having the low advantage and disadvantage over Sola:

Advantage
    • More memory (RAM): 1024 MB vs 524 MB
    • Higher resolution movies: 1080p vs 720p @ 30fps
    • Higher resolution camera: 8 MP

Disadvantage:
    • No memory card slot

Common things:
    • Assisted GPS: Assisted GPS vs Assisted GPS
    • Built-in FM transmitters
    • They support NFC for wireless transactions

This is what I think:
    Pros:
    • Compare with other sony phones like Xperia Ion and s the Sony Xperia P is having transparent ledge at the bottom giving it a classy and better look. The phone measures 122 x 59.5 x 10.5 mm and it weighs 120 grams which will be quite easy to handle and we get choices of red, black and silver as well.
    • Forced by the BRAVIA engine and WhiteMagic technology the display screen measures 4" LED-backlit LCD capacitive touch-screen (540x960p) with 16 million colors and multi-touch feature.
    • It has a 8-megapixel secondary camera with auto-focus, LED flash, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, 3D sweep panorama as well as image stabilization functions.
    • SmartDock feature for connecting cell phone with Sony TV easily.
    • One can get 3G connection via the HSDPA network and enjoy the speed up to 14.4 Mbps where as with HSUPA network one can enjoy speed up to 5.76 Mbps.
    • The price-$599 is high according to the specification that is being offered and as compared to the other phones in the market that are standing as a competition to it.

Cons:
    • It is not the slimmest and as compared to other phones it is heavier and bulkier.
    • It is not having the latest android but is relying on Ice Cream Sandwich with dual-core 1 GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM.
    • There is no SD card slot and has a built-in storage of 16 GB only.
    • Non removable battery.
    • Poor front facing camera.