Thread: Line in center of video on HP Pavilion DV6 Web camera

Line in center of video on HP Pavilion DV6 Web camera

I have bought HP Pavilion DV6 recently and I am having an issue with its Web camera. I mean that there are Lines in center of image and video while capturing, they appear like grid-lines, I have found that they appear randomly and not every time. I don’t know what is the issue all about, can it be an hardware issue? Since the laptop is very new I don’t want to take much risk but I will like to know if there is any workaround that I can try out to solve this before taking the laptop back to the service center. Any help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

Re: Line in center of video on HP Pavilion DV6 Web camera

In that case I just wanted to know that have you tried out the below things, if not then try out the same and let me know the response you get so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you with the same.
    • Try reinstalling the web cam drivers, make sure that you are installing the latest driver available.
    • Try out changing lightning and Lighting Compensation and see if they are making any difference in your case or not.
    • If that is not helping then uninstall and reinstall the web cam software and see if it is helping you out.

Just try these things out and let me know what you get for further help.

After your suggestion I have tried installing the latest driver for the web cam but it was not appearing to be making any difference. Disabling the "Low Light Compensation" found under "Camera Control" seems to be solving out the issue but the images are appearing darker. When I am switching to natural lighting then some lines start appearing green and I have to change the web cam settings manually to lower them but they are not getting disappeared. So I don’t think that Disabling the "Low Light Compensation" is an actual fix for this issue, I have tried reinstalling the web cam software as well but it did not helped. Is there anything else that I need to check out or any other solution that I can try out for getting rid of this issue?? Any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

I am facing the same issue and I agree to you that Disabling the "Low Light Compensation" is helping a bit but that’s not an perfect fix for this, I have tried out all the possible solution that I could have but I am not getting much help from them. I have tried using yahoo messenger, Gtalk, google+, Skype to see if they will make any difference but the issue is still the same. I have solved out the issue to some extent in Skype by increasing the amount of ambient light and disabling the low-light compensation but the same is not working out for other applications, some people have mentioned that this issue is because of more applications running in the background at the same time and i really don't think it's like that. I can still see the grid lines even when I am just using web cam, I have been looking after a solution for the same in other forums but I have just found more and more people talking about the same and asking for help and I have not yet found a effective solution to fix it out, I don’t know why but after trying out a number of possible solution I am getting the feeling that this issue is hardware related and not software, what do you guys think about the same?