Thread: Can we transfer warranty of dell laptop without previous owners name

Can we transfer warranty of dell laptop without previous owners name

I am planning to buy a used laptop from one of my friend. Its just 6 months old and am getting nice deal. it would be obviously under warranty period as its just 6 months. Here I want to know, can I transfer the warranty of laptop on my name. Please if anyone knows about transferring the warranty please guide me with this.

Re: Can we transfer warranty of dell laptop without previous owners name

Hey buddy, many of people buy used laptop because they are getting better deal with used laptop. While purchasing use laptop people don’t know about owner name. If that used laptop has any warranty remaining you may want to transfer on your name. So In case in future if anything happen to your laptop you can fix that problem with the remaining warranty. While transferring warranty you have to struggle with so many things.

Here I am providing you information about how to transfer Dell Laptop warranty on your name. Follow the given link Ownership-Tag Transfer | Dell After clicking on the link enter the service tag which is back side of your laptop. Then click on the continue button. In previous owner information form do not write anything in first two fields which are first name and last name of previous owner. Then complete the remaining fields and then click on continue button. The warranty has transferred on you name.

Re: Can we transfer warranty of dell laptop without previous owners name

Hey pal try to call Dell customer supports over the phone, they will ask you for service tag. Provide them service tag which is back side of your laptop. You may have to call twice, it won’t done in first time. When I tried to transfer the warranty on my name I had called twice. That time they said, they won’t able to do transfer without previous owner name. When second time I called them, they did the transfer without giving any trouble.

If they ask you about Previous owner tell them you don’t know about previous owner name and you heard that the warranty also get transferred without previous owner name.