Thread: If laptops are getting overheated is that mean that they are not made for gaming.

If laptops are getting overheated is that mean that they are not made for gaming.

I am a gaming freak, usually love to play game on my Dell N series laptop. But have a problem with the same. Whenever I am playing the game, my laptop gets overheated and gets turned off. This only happens during playing the games but not at the time doing normal things.

Is there any problem with my laptop? If anyone knows about this problem please do reply.

My laptop Specs are as follows:
    • Manufacturer: Dell
    • Processor: Dell Intel (R) Pentium (R) Processor B950 (2.1 GHz)
    • MEMORY: 6 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Intel Integrated graphics 3000
    • HDD: 320 GB

Re: If laptops are getting overheated is that mean that they are not made for gaming.

As you mentioned in your problem that your laptop gets overheated and get turned off. It’s because of the games you are playing on your laptop is stressing the CPU. RAM also plays the important role in multi tasking. You mentioned that the RAM in your laptop is 6 GB and it’s enough to support to play game. The CPU may be the main reason for overheating laptops .While playing the high-end games check for games specification. Most of the laptops don’t have high-end processing power. This is an alternative for keeping your laptop cool you can also buy cooling pad.

Re: If laptops are getting overheated is that mean that they are not made for gaming.

As per my knowledge there is issue with your cooling fan. In most of the laptop there is cooling issue in hardware. There may be also problem in motherboard because sometime motherboard fails to tell the fan to rotate fast so it can keep temperature low of the laptop. Sometime there is problem with ventilation of laptop. Dust create air blockage in laptops so even if fan is rotating fast it won’t help much. The ventilation system fails to throw out the hot air from laptop. Because of this laptops gets overheated and for safety precautions laptops get turned off automatically.

Hey buddy laptops are made in compact way so because of that laptops get overheated. The all component inside the laptops are placed in small place near to each other. There is little room for ventilation for hot air. To keep low temperature of laptop you have to check for air blockages in laptop. You also have to check that there is no dust inside the fan. If you are placing you laptop on bed or floor just make sure that there is way for ventilation.