Thread: HTC EVO 4G LTE plastic cover is ugly

HTC EVO 4G LTE plastic cover is ugly

I actually liked this phone on the basis of the performance but the looks of the phone is major disaster. I had gone through some article on web and found hat the cover which is made is of polycarbonate. This is is present on the iPhone also for brush stroke looks. The thing is that when I saw the introduction video of this phone on the web it looks as matte plastic and that looks really great but what I have in my hand is way to different. Is there anyone here feels the same thing as I do please reply back to me about this .

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE plastic cover is ugly

Well the HTC has done some good job with the design of the phone. With nice finish on the bottom half of the phone I really don’t understand that why they have to use glossy plastic cover for the antenna. If you ask me then I like to tell that they should have use the same thing which they use for the bottom cover or on the top cover.

The case is the perfect solution for this. Just buy a good one. If I am not wrong then many people like to use cases on there new phone. Glossy don’t mean that it is cheap, the stuff is made of a Polycarbonate so that feels like a solid. Like the fingerprints on that will be annoying. I just buy the phone on the bases of the design.

I think that the glossy back cover and the red kickstand is the only two thing that need to be fixed . I don’t hate this phone by any means . This phone has good awesome specs and nice performance also. The red black and grey mixture in addition to nice understated white with the aluminum trimmed is the only choice.

Yeah the top half on the phone looks like a cheap, glossy plastic with the mirror finish and the bottom part of the phone is soft touch plastic coating. This seem as they actually had no idea what material must be used in the back areas so they came up with some aluminum as a prototype for comparison purpose . The result is this nightmare. If anyone who has buy this phone the only hope will be the top of the phone must be removable. There might be some good case.

I actually like the Kickstands of this phone. It is solid, strong that keeps the phone really strong and it is actually made up of aluminum and the hinge is very tough. The only thing that bother me is that it is bit hard to open. It open with the satisfying click. The micro USB port is on the side bummer you are not able to charge the phone when in the kickstand.