Thread: How to Reset Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q890 back to factory settings

How to Reset Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q890 back to factory settings

I am using Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q890 for a long time but never had any issue with it but until recently it has been acting a bit wired. The story is that I have given this laptop to my friend for some work. I don’t know the root, factory reset will fix the issue. So is there anyone here who can help me on this. I am new with this and don’t know how to do it and will be glad to know the step by step process for formatting or resetting this laptop.

Re: How to Reset Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q890 back to factory settings

The simple way of restore factory settings is with the Toshiba recovery disk . All you have to do is boot the disc from the and follow the instruction that will be displayed on the screen. The entire HDD will be formatted and the disc will install the image of factory settings. When this process will complete you will get the laptop in the same state when you have purchase it. If in case you don’t have the Toshiba recovery disk with you then you will have to use the Windows installer disc and reinstall the windows OS again. While for the drivers, tools and utilities you can go to the Toshiba web page and download it.

I am having the trouble on trying to restore the Qosmio laptop to the factory setting. I have seen an article that mention that pressing the 0 (zero) key at the time of rebooting on laptop will able start the Toshiba Recovery Wizard , I have tried it like many time , in some cases about 5 mins but still nothing happened. Here is what I am facing when I press the key it start beeping which stops when I enter Toshiba logo screen and there is the option of enter the Bios or manage boot device and after wards it again starts again. Is there anyone here can help me on this I will be really appreciate that .

It looks that there is something wrong with the optical drive, see if you have another bootable disc. The disc can be damaged also. Or just set primary boot device for bios and then check back. You can do that from del or f10 or f12 or f8. Check all of the keys. There is also a key to run Toshiba Recovery Wizard. If you can find the laptop manuals then your job will be much easier.