Thread: I am not happy with Kindle Touch dictionary

I am not happy with Kindle Touch dictionary

already I had used Kindle 4 and it was working like charm. So I was expecting same thing with Kindle Touch also. But after purchasing I was really disappointed , since Kindle 4 was having foreign language dictionaries but it completely missing in Kindle Touch. Well I have dedicated this thread to gather all the users who are disappointed with Kindle Touch by any respect. I am waiting for your quick response over here. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: I am not happy with Kindle Touch dictionary

I think you are correct Kindle Touch is not having foreign dictionaries, even you cannot download the same as well. Why it got happened because they had targeted KT for US market. Even in K4 had an option that allows to customize the language as per the user requirement. It was the only device that was having support for the same. But in Kindle Touch we cannot purchase any other language dictionaries at all. So due to this particular issue I am really disappointed and I am looking to switch my K4.

Personally I am not having any issue with my Kindle Touch. I loved the touchscreen responsiveness, Tapping on menu is really nice as compared to predecessors device. Though I am getting page refresh issue on it. Even on screen keyboard is better. In the previous version it was so tiny that one could not read it. As far as page refresh issue is concerned it should be address by the manufacturer really soon.

Well I ran into a problem with my Kindle but its not related to the dictionary. It was not able to sync with the last page that read. I used to get a pop up on the screen to sync with last page. Even performance seems to be degraded rebooting the device. i had used the same feature a lot in previous version of my device. second thing I noticed that I was not able to get connected with store, also I am annoyed of freezing issue of Kindle Touch. It works fine for couple of days till after reset , however issue arises again. Now it could be a bug issue and if so, I would like to draw an attention of manufacturer so that they could work out on the same. I hope they would come up with a solution very soon.

I am happy with my Kindle Touch performance. But I am disappointed because it wont support Angry Birds. When I done bit research work on the same I found that KT has smaller screen as compared to other devices. Since the manufactures were looking to make device portable enough. So it does not seems suitable for gaming at all. Also there is no color support on it. I mean we are supposed to get black and white display on it. So it would help a lot to quick loading of web pages. Most probably they had targeted this particular device for the users who are probably used to do limited stuffs on internet and wanted to read ebooks only. I am wondering that there are many users users would not purchase Kindle Touch as it does not have support for Angry Bird.