Thread: Simultaneous Voice and Data (SVDO) support in HTC EVO 4G LTE

Simultaneous Voice and Data (SVDO) support in HTC EVO 4G LTE

I was recently reading reviews and news about upcoming smartphones on internet. In one such article I found that LG Viper has SVDO feature. Using this feature one can be taking on a call while he can simultaneously browse the internet. This feature will be provided along with LG Viper and no extra application would be needed. This sounds cool just from its description as I can now talk with my girlfriend about going to movie while simultaneously I can book the tickets for the movie on my HTC EVO 4G LTE.

I am planning to buy HTC EVO 4G LTE when it comes for sale. I wanted to know if SVDO will be available in HTC EVO 4G LTE. Even if I need to buy some extra app I’m fine with it. Can anybody provide me some information on it?

Re: Simultaneous Voice and Data (SVDO) support in HTC EVO 4G LTE

Yes, HTC EVO 4G LTE too will have SVDO feature in it. The SVDO feature is a high battery consuming feature. I have been a HTC user for long time and I find that battery provided by HTC in their smartphones have low battery life. So I think that providing SVDO feature in HTC EVO 4G LTE will need the manufacturer to have a long life battery in the smartphone. Also the network that your phone requires must be strong enough to support the call and internet, which too 3G or 4G network simultaneously. The region in which I stay doesn’t have a mobile service provider who can support this feature. I will need to wait for some more time. I know that AT&T are providing powerful network to support SVDO feature.