Thread: Toshiba satellite l455d recovery CDs

Toshiba satellite l455d recovery CDs

There’s a simple question that I need to ask you. There’s some acclaimed Recovery DVDs that I ordered few days ago for my Toshiba Satellite laptop. Before ordering the recovery DVDs I wasn’t sure whether they would work with my laptop or not but after it was delivered to me I found that those DVDs mentioned satellite l450d series as the supported products for these DVDs. Now as I have already mentioned above in the title, my laptop is of l455d model, whether these DVD sets would work for my laptop. Will they create any issue if I try to get them accessed on my model? I know that now its of no use asking such question as I have already purchased the recovery media DVDs but even then I would love to make myself sure with this thing instead of messing around completely.

There is certain reason for which I bought this recovery media. Actually due to some problem my Recovery Media has been completely messed up and now I need to repair it as soon as possible. I have been told that using an appropriate recovery media I will surely able to repair the files, now just let me know whether it’s true or not? Initial I thought that doing a complete reinstall would help me with the issue then after I was suggested with a recovery media I think things would come into it proper place. Once I get sure that this newly purchased recovery media DVDs would work then I might carry on with my procedure. Anyways please help me out as soon as possible, I really need to carry on my activities and get out of the problem I am facing.

Re: Toshiba satellite l455d recovery CDs

First of all I would like to start with a positive answer; as far as I know yes, your laptop should definitely support the recovery media that you have purchased. As according to the supporting Toshiba Series that you have mentioned your laptop comes under the same series so therefore I can surely say that your laptop must be supporting it without any trouble.

Now with the next question that you have asked I think recovery media wouldn’t help you out entirely as they cannot repair your windows exactly as you want. What actually they will do is clear the entire thing from your hard drive and will make your system empty as it is a newly purchased product. After the wipe out task it will reinstall all the software that was present into your Toshiba system. now if this process is what you call a system repair then yes the recovery media would surely help you with this thing and if you are not looking of for such clear re installation process then I guess the recovery media DVDs are not the one you are looking at. Better check out for some other utility if you want.

Anyways if in case you prefer to run the repair tool then it would be much better to take the back up or save all your important files.

Believing that this recovery media DVDs would help me out with my Toshiba Satellite L455D I simply ran the recovery disk. Even I was in need of repairing my windows system files; no one suggested me with this solution instead I myself was very much aware of this thing so therefore I decided to carry on with the activity. however now the thing is that when I try to run the recovery disks I found that they keep on giving me some kind of message which I never understood, it says that “PREINST12.SWM File Not Found”.

Now I don’t know what exactly this message means as this is the first time I have heard about such file name within my system. tried a lot but never able to get over this message, you won’t believe until now I have tried installing the media more than 5 times and as expected all the time I end up getting the same file not found error message. Also when I called up the tech support and asked them for this trouble, they get completely blank and behave as if they do not have anything to do with such troubles. Every time I call up the tech support I get a new person on the other side but the common thing is that all of them give me the same blank reply with no solution or suggestion.

Anyways another thing I would like to tell is that I am easily able to get off this error message by just skipping the message but however there are some options that confuses me more and therefore I think a lot even with those selections. The options are Try again, Skip and Cancel. Now the problem is that, no matter which option I select the recovery media eliminates the procedure, I mean that all the option acts the same and exits the procedure.

My friend says that the recovery disks are bad and might be they are the reason for this problem. I think either I will have to get a new one or else I will replace it from the place where I bought it.

Yeah I am sure that the disks are bad and nothing else is wrong with your system. I too once had such bad recovery media DVDs and however I got into a big trouble with these DVDs. My DVDs were few months old and just because of this reason I wasn’t able to get them replaced when I found that they were actually not working in my system. I never used these DVDs until now from the time I purchased them instead recently was the first time I tried to access them but ultimately failed with get them working.

When I called up the Support center for the replacement and when complained them about this faulty Recovery media they told me that it was my job to verify and check out the CDs before taking the delivery, I should have informed them about the issue before during the time of purchase and not after such log period of time. Everyone knows that a Recovery Media DVDs are only used during the time of emergency and not some regular purpose; now the thing is that how come anyone check out the recovery media disc on their system without facing any problem as I said that such disks are used only during the time of emergency.

The only thing I would like to tell you is that calling up the support center is completely useless it would be better you either find a proper solution by yourself or consult some expert guy for the same. From the time I lost my faith from support center I simply tried certain things from myself. What I tried out was made copies of the important files from the system and then put them up to some other hard drive, I was just trying to see whether I will be able to change or replace the disk during the time I get the same file not found error message but however I can notice that always at 250mb the copy process stops and interrupts but anyhow I can try managing to copy the other files on the disk.