Thread: Touch buttons are not working on Toshiba Satellite E205-s1904

Touch buttons are not working on Toshiba Satellite E205-s1904

I am facing problem with touch buttons on my Toshiba Satellite E205-s1904 laptop. Its specs are windows 7 operating system, Intel core i5 processor, Intel HD graphics, 4Gb RAM and 500GB Hard drive. While searching solution on internet I have come to know that dong system restore can solve this problem. I tried to restore my system but but i found that my system dont have any restore point. I don’t know what is causing this problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Touch buttons are not working on Toshiba Satellite E205-s1904

This problem normally takes place if “TOSHIBA Button Support” option is not selected in the TOSHIBA Value Added Package. Hence I will suggest you to open TOSHIBA Value Added Package wizard and then see whether “TOSHIBA Button Support” is checked or not? If its not selected, select it. See if you still get the same problem.

For step by step process for doing the same, see this:

Click on start menu and after clicking and then select control panel. Now after selecting the control panel you have select programs option. From the installed program list you have to look for the TOSHIBA Value Added Package and select it. Once you select TOSHIBA Value Added Package option after that you have to click on the change option. Now you will see the TOSHIBA Value Added Package window and you have to make sure that TOSHIBA Button Support is selected, if it is not then select it and after that click on ok. I hope after trying this solution Touch buttons on your Toshiba Satellite E205-s1904 laptop will start working properly.

I have open program and features in my laptop and then I have opened TOSHIBA Value Added Package wizard by clicking on the change. After doing that I have selected “Toshiba button support” option and then I have clicked on OK and then restarted my laptop but after trying this solution also I am still experiencing same problem. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem. Any help will be appreciated.

First of all download the Toshiba Value Added Package by clicking here DOWNLOAD. Now open program and features from the control panel and uninstall Toshiba Value Added Package. Now delete all the temporary files from your laptop.

Now double click the downloaded Toshiba Value Added Package and install it. Once done, restart your laptop and check whether touch button started working or not?

Have you done windows updates in your Toshiba Satellite E205-s1904? If yes then I think problem has occurred because of the windows updates. I am telling you this because many times if windows updates install any drivers over supplied drivers from Toshiba then this type of problem can take place. When you do window update in your Toshiba Satellite E205-s1904 at that time you should make sure that you don’t choose any updates related to your Toshiba drivers. You have to also make sure automatic windows updates not disabled on your laptop. To fix this problem you should reinstall all the drivers and utilities of your Toshiba Satellite E205-s1904 laptop and your problem might get solved, make sure you reinstall all the drivers in this order.

• Chipset drivers
    • Display drivers
    • Audio drivers
    • Value Added Package
    • Assist Utility
    • eco Utility

If you don’t have above drivers and utilities then you can download it from the official site of the Toshiba.