Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 21-05-2012

Can I connect my SD Card to Car DVD Player

Hey guys I just wanted to know if is it possible to use my SD Card in to my Car DVD Player having usb slot but no sd card slot?? I have asked some people for the same and they have suggested me to get a dvd player having usb slot as well as sd card slot for playing music. So is that the only option left for me or i can use the sd card in my Car DVD Player by some means?? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.
Old 21-05-2012

Re: Can I connect my SD Card to Car DVD Player

It is not necessary to get a dvd player having usb slot as well as SDcard slot for playing music using SDcard slot. You can simply get a USB SD Card Reader and then insert the usb in your card dvd player usb slot and enjoy the music as well. There are a lot of them available in the market and are quite cheap as well. You can probably get them between 200 rs to 250 rs. If you are not aware of the same then you can check out the below one:
USB card reader:

The specification of the same are as followed:
Physical Characteristics:
  • 76 mm by 30 mm by 10 mm (3.0" by 1.2" by 0.4")
  • 13 g (0.46 oz)
  • Semi-transparent gray plastic
  • End caps for protection of slot and USB connector
Technical Specifications:
  • USB 2.0
  • Red power/activity LED
  • Tested with cards up to 2 GB
  • Reads SD and MMC cards
You can get it in the local store easily. If you are not willing to invest more on a dvd player having sd card slot for now then I think that getting USB SD Card Reader will be the best option for you.
Old 21-05-2012

Re: Can I connect my SD Card to Car DVD Player

I am not very sure if such usb card reader will work or not as there can be compatibility issue with the dvd player as they are mostly meant for pc use. Anyways you can visit a local store and check out if it is working or not. If such usb card reader are working in your car dvd player then I will suggest you to better get this one:
USB Card Reader BPR-616

Since you will be using it for car I think that this will be a better choice as you will not have to worry about the cap. There won?t be much difference between the price of this and the above usb card reader. You just have to check if these readers are compatible with you card dvd player or not, if they are then you can simply get the one I have suggested and enjoy.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,