Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

cant access Ovi store or click "create message" after updating firmware of Nokia c3

Portable Devices

Old 20-05-2012

cant access Ovi store or click "create message" after updating firmware of Nokia c3

I'm using nokia c3 and I've updated my firmware to 8 63, I can't click "Create message" and I can't access Ovi Store (conflicting applications) because I have an updated version of store in collections.
PS: I've already reseted factory settings and I've tried with Nokia updater software. Any advice ?

Old 21-05-2012

re: cant access Ovi store or click "create message" after updating firmware of Nokia c3

Quote:
Originally Posted by n237 View Post
PS: I've already reseted factory settings and I've tried with Nokia updater software.
What exactly you meant by Tried with Nokia Software updater ? Is it like you tried re-installing the firmware again ? If yes, than its strange because such problem occurs if there would be any problem while updating the firmware and gets FIXED by re-installing. If you dint tried re-installing, go for it.

And if you already done with it than better get it fixed by any technical guy or Nokia Care, resetting is not gonna fix this problem.
Old 14-06-2012

Thanks for your response Nachman.

I meant that I first I updated my soft with my phone, not usb or other ways and it didn't worked, so I tried to update it with USB cable using Nokia Software Updater and it kept telling me that the USB is removed and to remove battery, to restart the phone etc (I did all of these, and then it was telling me the same 2 messages). Then I went to a service with my phone and it was full repaired. I guess some files of the new update (the update I did by myself) weren't copied correctly so this is why I couldn't press Create Message and other stuff. Even though, the man who repaired it had some black device that had more power than the USB for connecting (I guess this is what it was for).

Anyway thanks again for your response and if somebody reads that before updating the firmware for C3, i advice you to not update it. Personally I wanted an update because I thought there were new features like appearance or others, but not. The only thing I REALLY like about update is that when I remove the card where I have my whatsapp stored it stops running, and when I connect the memory card again it won't run if I don't press it. So I found a way to exit my whatsapp.
Old 14-06-2012

Re: cant access Ovi store or click "create message" after updating firmware of Nokia c3

Oh wow, thanks for letting us know how to exit whatsapp in nokia mobile phone, by simply installing it in memory card and then if we dont want to use whatsapp we have to remove the memory card and whatsapp terminates, nice. For the nokia firmware update, i think that you have a problem with the usb cable, it might be loosing the connection of the mobile phone and hence it might be asking to reconnect it, but since you have already solved your problem, I hope you look into this matter for future fix as well.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,