Thread: List of Android Apps Compatible with Blackberry smartphones

List of Android Apps Compatible with Blackberry smartphones

Hello guys. I was using a Android smartphone from long time, and now switched to Blackberry Curve. Now as we all know Android smartphones are compatible with millions of applications and games, i want to know which of those apps also support on blackberry devices ? For example, Facebook App, Facebook Sync, Yahoo Messenger, Google Maps, etc works with both Android and Blackberry but there are applications such as Abyss Attack, Adobe Reader , Angry Birds Rio, etc that dont work with Blackberry but they work on ANdroid.

Hope you guys understood what i want to say. Now please help me giving some more apps and games for my Blackberry smartphone that are available on for Androids. I request you all to please give a short description as well about that app so that i can understand what is it about. Thank you.

Re: List of Android Apps Compatible with Blackberry smartphones

I have tried to use Dolphin Browser v6.0 in blackberry and it works. The Dolphin Browser HD is a good alternative to the pre-installed blackberyy web browser. It offers many features with Flash and HTML 5 support. The basic things like multiple tabs while browsing web sites, the zoom in and out via finger wave, is also available with Dolphin browser with the program. Bookmarks can be easily organized into folders. This is one more application that work with Blackberry as well and very useful. You should have it.

There are applications like BeerPong, Copilot, GameBoid, Meganoid, PacMan , SetCPU , Swype, UberMusic, Worms and many more Android applications that wont work on Blackberry. Such as:

• BeerPong v1.2 --- Game
    • Copilot --- Voice-guided GPS navigation with Western and Eastern Europe Street maps
    • GameBoid --- Game
    • Meganoid v1.4.4 --- Game
    • PacMan v2.0.2 --- Game
    • SetCPU v2.24 --- tool for changing the CPU settings
    • Swype --- stylus motion across the screen keyboard
    • UberMusic --- Music player
    • Worms --- Game

Quote Originally Posted by MODESTY View Post
    For example, Facebook App, Facebook Sync, Yahoo Messenger, Google Maps, etc works with both Android and Blackberry but there are applications such as Abyss Attack, Adobe Reader , Angry Birds Rio, etc that dont work with Blackberry but they work on Android.
    Yes, Android and iOS devices are indeed good with the number of applications they have on their respective stores. blackberry stands too far behind them in terms of this. but anyways, there are few more applications you can installed that you used on your Android based phones. Lets have a look on them:

Robo Defense - Game
    Paper Tower Defense - game
    Kindle - Read books on your phone
    eBay - Buyers and Sellers things online
    Advanced Task Killer Pro - A tool to kill applications running