Thread: Suggestion to clean Kindle Touch

Suggestion to clean Kindle Touch

I am using the Kindle Touch from last 15 days and within this time I can see that there are a few black spots at the back. Other than this there are also some scratches on the screen. I am not able to keep it clean and so need some suggestion that how can I keep my Kindle Touch clean and free from scratches. I am using cover case but even after that it is affected.

Re: Suggestion to clean Kindle Touch

If you want to keep that clean kindle touch then you can go with the normal method for cleaning. In my case I am using the microfiber cloth. If you want then you can use little water to make it moist and then clean the screen but that is not always required. Other than this, if you are having the eyeglass cleaning cloth then you can also make use of that and run that gently on the screen. This must be repeated after every 2 or 3 days so that your kindle Touch remains clean. Other than this, it is very important that you make use of a good casing for that and not the cheap one, so that it can be prevented from the dust.

There are many of the liquid cleaner available in the market and that you can use to clean the screen of your Kindle Touch. Before purchasing any of such cleaner liquid, you must check and ensure that it is not having the alcohol into that. Anyways, if you don’t want to make use of that then you can also have some mild cleanser along with any soft and clean cloth. This will also work well. I am cleaning in the same way. There is no need to have some extra ordinary method to clean that.

I have one tip for you. Whenever you are using any of the liquid cleaner to clean the screen then you should not drop that liquid directly on the screen. There is possibility that this liquid will get inside your device and may damage it. There have been many of the cases like this and therefore I am posting this. So it is better idea to apply the cleaning solution on a soft cloth and then use that cloth to clean the screen. I never use any special cleaner to clean the screen. I just use a cloth which is moist with the water and then clean the screen with that.

This might sound bit odd but if you are having some spot on your Kindle Touch then you can also use some regular white toothpaste to clean that. Just apply that on the place where you are having spot and then rub that with a cloth. It may not remove that completely but will lighten the stains to a great extend. Try it once and I am sure that this will be helpful for you.

You should not touch the screen of your kindle Touch with some pointed material because that is the most basic reason that causes scratches on the screen. If you find that there is much dust on the display then you can take a cotton wash cloth and from that clean the dust from the screen. Apart from this, if you are having food or liquid stain then you can wipe that out with the lightly dampened towel. It is recommended, not to make use of the harsh chemicals for cleaning the Amazon Kindle because that may lead to more strain on the screen. Most of the times when you are traveling then you will get scratches on the device.