Thread: VT-x is disabled in my MSI GT70 laptop

VT-x is disabled in my MSI GT70 laptop

I have got the new MSI GT70 laptop. I am facing a new problem in the new MSI GT70 laptop. This is really a nice laptop for gamers. I am using VMware and Virtual Box in this laptop and getting the error. The problem is that the VT-x is not enabled in the laptop. I want to enable the VT-x how can I enable it. Is anyone else facing the same problem. Does anyone have solution for this?

Re: VT-x is disabled in my MSI GT70 laptop

Hey there, I am also having the MSI GT70 laptop. The features of the laptop are really good. I was also having the same problem you are having. I did not know the solution for the problem. I discussed this problem with one of my friend and he advised me to update the bios and then try using the Virtual box. After the update of bios to the latest version I was able to use the VT-x in my MSI GT70 laptop. I think that you should also try updating your bios and then use the virtual box in it.

I had the same problem in my MSI P45 Neo. I was unable to enable the VT-x in it. I tried to enable it from the BIOS but I was unable to. I told my hardware engineer regarding this problem. He told me that I have to update the bios to the latest version. When I updated the bios to the latest version I was not able to use the VT-x in my computer. Then I searched on the internet and then I found that not all the processors support the VT-x. I am having the Intel Core2 Duo E7200 processor in my computer and it is not supporting the VT-x. I suggest you to check whether your processor supports the VT-x or not.

When I was using the VMware in my laptop I found that the VT-x is not enabled in it. I tried to enable it form the BIOS but I did not find any option to enable it. I had searched for the solution for this but didn’t get any. Then I updated the bios with the modded bios. The modded bios really work. I am still using the modded bios and the VT-x is working fine with no problem in it. I think that you should also use the modded bios to use the VT-x in your laptop.

Geniee

The update to the bios will enable the VT-x in MSI GT70 laptop. I had updated the bios and it is working fine. I suggest you also to download the latest version of the laptop and update the bios. I have updated the bios of my laptop and it is working fine. I have downloaded the update form the official website of the MSI. You can download the latest version of the bios for MSI GT70 laptop from here.