Thread: MSI WindPad Enjoy 7 Tablet cannot boot

MSI WindPad Enjoy 7 Tablet cannot boot

I own a MSI WindPad Enjoy 7 Tablet but now it won’t boot at all. During the boot it shows some kind of strange error and shuts of immediately. Even I cannot able to recognize the error because it won’t stay much longer on the screen. I would like to solve this issue as soon as possible. I can see the MSI logo and error, that’s it. Nothing more. It looks like the something has corrupted but still I am not sure about it. Just for your reference, the tab is having Cortex A8 1.0GHz processor, DDR3 512 MB RAM, 8GB SD card and running on Gingerbread.

Re: MSI WindPad Enjoy 7 Tablet cannot boot

As far as I can say that you are using the Branded tablet pc and you should not get these kinds of issues in any manner. I hope that it is not a very old Tablet. The thing is some Chinese based Android tablets suffering from lots of errors related to like one of your own. But in MSI, I don’t think that it should occur. There should be some kind of defect from the manufacturer's side. Still, you can try the following troubleshooting techniques.
    • Try to boot the device without the SD card.
    • Format the SD card to FAT32 using your computer.
    • Is there any reset Pin hole on your tablet which will reset he device.
    • Did you try draining the battery completely and re-charging it.
    • If still the same problem, the final solution is re-flash the firmware.

Dhan&Jay Guest

It seems to me that you are having the problem with the NAND flash memory. Something might have marked as bad. Sometime the boot error also could be due to the actual memory (hardware) fault conditions. If you have tried to flash the device or try to root it and the process was unsuccessful, in that case the device will no longer able to boot at all. Sometime a low-level (kernel) bug/race condition can NAND flash memory sectors to mark as corrupted. Recovery should be made but this process is not helpful and not possible in all situations. I don’t think that right now your device has a capability to boot into rooted recovery but if you really want the rooted recovery running, it can be possible only through the installation of the S-OFF bootloader.

I don’t agree with the above solution at all. It is not meant for MSI Android tablet. It is for Smartphones only. The problem you are having is due to the corrupted Android OS or could be a faulty Hardwar or by a errant app installed by yourself or without your knowledge (some malicious programs). You should try the basic troubleshooting test first.

Try booting with a different battery. Sometimes it fixes the issue.

Make sure that the Tablet is getting the sufficient amount of power supply. The connectors could be damaged or be broken. Do not ever use the old battery. Always stick with brand new and branded battery which is suitable for the MSI WindPad Enjoy 7

I assume that you still could not able to solve the problem but don’t worry. You still have lot of options to repair and bring back your Tablet pc. You can hard reset the device which is the last option in troubleshooting at home. But the problem is it will erase all the data from your device and they will no longer recoverable at all if you have a backup somewhere else like on computer or SD card. Before the hard reset you should also need to take out the memory card and make sure that the device is fully charged. There may be a guide about explaining how to hard reset the MSI WindPad Enjoy 7 Tablet. I didn’t really try to search for it.