Thread: After upgrading ipad 16 GB to iOS 5.1.1, wifi connectivity not working

After upgrading ipad 16 GB to iOS 5.1.1, wifi connectivity not working

I have recently upgraded the ipad 16 GB to iOS 5.1.1. Upgrade went fine without any error message or anything but after that when I tried to connect that with the wifi then found that it was not working. It shows me connected but unable to take me online. All the application installed in my ipad that required internet connection is not working. I tried to browse from safari but that is also not able to surf. In short, it is getting connected but I can’t use it. This was never the problem earlier. It only started after the upgrade. Now I am stuck at this point and need to have some suggestion from people from this community. Please help me.

Re: After upgrading ipad 16 GB to iOS 5.1.1, wifi connectivity not working

I think that there is some problem with the network setting that you are having in your ipad. If you are not able to understand that which setting is to be changed in order to solve this problem then you can simply reset the settings to its default value. Once you are done with that then restart the ipad and see if that can solve the problem for you.

It is very easy to reset the ipad. You will just have to press and hold the Home button for about 10 seconds and leave the buttons when you see the apple logo on screen. You may also see the red slider but just ignore that thing. Other than this, you can also try by rebooting the Time Capsule. So try with these two things and see if that can help you or not. Good luck!!!

I am having a few suggestions for you that I would like to list over here. Try with these and see what it can do for you.
    • Try by changing the security settings e.g. WEP, WPA, WPA2
    • Reset the network settings
    • Reboot the router
    • Change wireless protocol e.g. a/b/g/n
    • Change the channel and try with the channel 1, 6 or something else. Make sure that they are not overlapping
    • Decrease total number of walls among your iPad and router.

There are many of the cases where ipad is having wifi connectivity problems with the routers and especially with the router that is having outdated firmware. If this is the case then you will get the radio connection from the router but that will not assign an address. It seems to be the same case for you as well. So check if there is release of the latest firmware available. If you are using older than that then you can simply upgrade the version and reset the settings. Now try to establish the connection over again. If this is the problem because of the outdated firmware then you this time you will not have that issue. Please reply back if this does not solve the problem for you

You must try with the Airport Utility. This is available on app store. With the "Airport Utility" for Mac OS computer, you easily manage your network base stations and can view data. Apple's own access points, routers or TimeCapsules can be managed on the network easily. With the "AirPort Utility", all the existing devices displayed using a graphical interface and can be managed comfortably. This can be set to include the encryption and Wi-Fi channels.

Essentially you can now make the settings for the base station itself, the WLAN and LAN, and connected (wireless) memory. In addition, you have a simple overview of the connected client devices. With the "Airport Utility" for the Mac, Apple provides a simple tool to manage its router connectivity. You can check the status of these networks using a visual diagram and modify its settings.