Thread: After firmware update Passport Studio is not detected on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

After firmware update Passport Studio is not detected on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Hello everyone I have a My passport studio which I use on Mac desktop. The current operating system that I am running is the Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. I had a continued support through WD SmartWare which worked exceptionally well with the version 1.3.3.8. Now I installed the new firmware for the drive and it is not getting detected. I mean is there a way by which I can recover the data from the disk or so. If there any method please help me. My music files, my songs and all are everything there in it and if I lose them then it would be a big loss for me because they are all a part of my next project.

Re: After firmware update Passport Studio is not detected on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

You are not the only one who is having this problem with your external hard drive many mac lion users are having the same problem and many of them are stating that this is because of incompatibility of WD SmartWare with the lion OS. Now to get a confirmation I have checked the western digital site if it is true or not, for which it is clearly written that ‘WD SmartWare version 1.3.3.8 requires Mac OS X Snow Leopard. And the same was compatible with OS X or Lion also. So this error might not appear. Still I waiting for the right update which can fix this issue. Just keep a eye on upcoming updates.

Why don’t you get this stuff cleared out with the WD technical staff. Try to contact WD Support online and state your problem. You will require to provide necessary details about your issue and done. I am sure the people out there will definitely help you out of this.

Dude don’t even talk about the customer service, I don’t know about the others but the experience that I had was really terrible. Even I had the same problem like you and my problem was given to a guy who hardly had any experience with this particular hard drive it seems the guy was new he didn’t have any good idea. For almost half an hour he was only asking the details and the specifications of the system and nothing else. Now this is something which I wasn’t expecting from them anyways I discontinued the support, now I decided to do something on my own. Sacrificing my data I had formatted the drive and it worked.