Thread: LG 32LV3500 LED TV cannot recognize WD Elements 2TB Hard Drive

LG 32LV3500 LED TV cannot recognize WD Elements 2TB Hard Drive

I recently brought a new LG 32 Inch Full HD LED 32LV3500 Television. I really love this TV. It provides smooth and awesome performance. It has 1080p of HD support and superb screen resolution. It has HDMI connectivity which connects various Audio/video devices. It has smart energy saving feature which automatically control brightness and color of pictures. I am using pen drive to watch movies in TV which is downloaded in my laptop. But pen drive memory is not sufficient to store more number of movies. So, I brought a new WD 2TB of external hard drive to store more movies. But when I connected that to my TV it is not recognized. I don’t understand what problem occurred. Anyone knows why hard drive is not connecting to my LG TV.

Re: LG 32LV3500 LED TV cannot recognize WD Elements 2TB Hard Drive

I also have LG 42 Inch TV which I brought before 5 month. It is working fine and has superb performance. I am movie lover guy and always watching movies when I got free time. I am using portable drive of WD and it is working fine in LG TV. I think you had not connected that properly to your TV because of which it is not detected. Check your hard drive with another TV which have USB port and make sure it is detected. If still not format that to FAT32 formta and retry. Read the TV manuals to find right information on the same.

Thanks for your response Anvita, I inserted hard drive properly and try to connect many times but same problem is occurred every time. Led Indicator is glow but there is nothing shown in the TV screen. I also check the Usb cable and use different cables to attach my external hard drive but still same issues. I checked the hard drive with my laptop and it is working fine. I also transfer some movies in hard drive for proper verification. Any other solutions then do post please. I really want to solve this problem fast.

I also get that kind of problem in my Sony Bravia TV. I try to connect external hard drive with my tv but TV does not recognize it. And that same hard drive perfectly detected in my computer. At that time I call to technician from Bravia and make complain about it. He check the system and found that Usb port on the TV was failed. My Usb port supplies the power but cannot able to transfer the data. I think you must check the same in your TV also. Does the usb was detected as you had mentioned ?

Thanks for your reply singham2011, I try to connect hard drive with multiple USB slots but each and every time same issue that means I don’t thinks so my all ports are damage together. And I also try to connect my friend’s external hard drive and it is connected and working fine. So, finally problem is with hard drive only not with TV or USB port. I think this is not at all compatible with the TV.

As you reply me in older post, your hard drive is working well in Laptop then I got the exact solution for you. The problem is along with your hard drive only not with TV. The problem is occurred because TV and the computer supports different kind of file partition system. As my Assumption your hard is currently formatted with NTFS File system which is supported in computer but not in TV. Normally all branded TV support FAT or FAT32 type partition. So, format your hard Drive with FAT or FAT32 file format system. You can do that by right clicking on the drive and then click on format by connecting it to your laptop.