Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Asus Transformer TF300T acting weird, redirecting to some other languages

Portable Devices

Old 18-05-2012

Asus Transformer TF300T acting weird, redirecting to some other languages

Yesterday I have purchased the Asus Transformer TF300T and also downloaded some of apps. The first app I have installed is a Facebook app. I have launched the app successfully and tried to sign in using my Facebook credentials using that app. But unluckily it keeps re-directing to some other language page other than the English. It first redirected me to the Indonesian facebook even I have language set to English- United States. If I open the Facebook using the native browser it successfully opens the English facebook website but when I tried the same using the Facebook app, the site re-directs to some other language. Does anyone tell me whatís going on here?

Old 18-05-2012

Re: Asus Transformer TF300T acting weird, redirecting to some other languages

First of all make sure that you have installed the official Facebook application on your Android tab. I have seen that there are many fake apps uploaded on play store. Google is trying to pull out those one by one but sometimes it is hard to recognize which one is the right app and which one is not. Still you donít need to worry about that. Try to re-install the app once again.

During the installation or download, it might have asked you to choose the country and language. Make sure to select the proper one. Still if you have re-directed to the different language page, there is still an option to revert back. At the bottom of the page, there is a link saying standard website. Click on that and it will open the full version facebook.
Old 18-05-2012

Re: Asus Transformer TF300T acting weird, redirecting to some other languages

Is it possible for you to check the URLs in your Facebook config file? It would be better to check those first. It could have changed. If there is something wrong, you have to go back to the Facebook App Publisher and modify the 'App URL' setting. You can do it with the Facebook App URL which you have previously defined. Actually this kind of issues previously reported in Some Windows browser and later on some Android web browser, either the native browser or any third party browser. But now this is the first time I am hearing this from your. Apps usually do not re-direct page. it seems like you have installed a different app.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,