Thread: After firmware update on MyBookLive can’t find photos on WDPhotos

After firmware update on MyBookLive can’t find photos on WDPhotos

Seriously now I am regretting that why I did firmware update on MyBookLive. Eeverything was working just fine and since after this update I am not able to find the photos on wdphotos. I have saved many images on this folder. For some reason I am not able to view those images, every time I connect to it I am not able to view any of those images, while rest all is working fine. It has been about a week now and the problem is still there and no image visible. I am not sure but may be this problem is related to the MIOnet account setup, as I didn’t had the account earlier. Iis there any one here who can help me on this.

Re: After firmware update on MyBookLive can’t find photos on WDPhotos

I had the same issue as well and that started after the firmware update and since then the I am not able to see WD Photos. This is a bit weird because here I can upload the photo on the WD device which does not give any error but cannot see them. So I decided to call the Tech Support of the WD Live TV Hub and told him that I am not able to access to WD Live TV Hub jpg photos. While using WDPhoto App on my Smartphone and tablet those are visible.

I am in the same boat which you are in, this is annoying that instead of having about 1500 images on the drive it still is saying No Photos found. All this started after I updated the latest firmware. I have checked the same in about 8 to 9 android phone in my office and iPad but there was no photo shown. I worry that this was not deleted accidentally. So this issue is not pertaining to the Operating system, this is directly upgrading to either one of the 3.0x version.

I have already reported this issue to WD and each time I call they just says that they are investigating the matter. According to them the Android devices and iPad2 had the issue where the firmware updates has ruined the Photo application. So up till now there I now proper answer to the issue. The solution that is given above looks strong only issue is that I have no idea to how I can roll back to the earlier version.

I am not intended to updated the firmware after you people mentioned here that WD announces new firmware upgrade that will work with the mobile devices and with apps like WD Photo. The thing is that I have build my home theater configuration and would like to add WD TV Live Hub on that. I do not want to ruin stuff here and spoil my settings.