Thread: How to Fix Error 1009 WD Photo is no connected to Internet on iPad

How to Fix Error 1009 WD Photo is no connected to Internet on iPad

I have been using MyBookLive and I am having the latest software required for the mobile devices as well and the problem that I am facing here is that using iPad2 on Wi-Fi I am not able to access WD Photos, I mean that when I am logging in to the My Book LIVE and when I am trying to add mobile access then I get a code that is needed to be entered in the iPad2 but then when I am entering the same then I am getting the below error message: WD Photos is not connected to the internet (-1009).

I have bought the MyBookLive for accessing videos and photos but then I don’t know what is going wrong, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about the error?? I have googled out the error as well but then I have just found more and more people having the same issue but then not even a single effective solution to fix it out. So is there anyone who can help me out here??

Re: How to Fix Error 1009 WD Photo is no connected to Internet on iPad

Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know the below things:
    1. Have you tried out uninstalling and reinstalling the app to check out if it is making any difference?
    2. Have you tried using some other device rather than your ipad to connect to the internet?
    3. Have you tried out resetting the MBL for getting another code and so??

If you have not then try out the things that I have suggested and then let me know the response that you are getting for them so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you out with the same.

In that case. I have already tried out uninstalling and reinstalling the app but then that does not seems to be making any difference in my case.
    I have tried using other application from Ipad and it seems to be working fine and I am not having any issues there. I have tried out resetting the MBL for getting another code but then even after using that code I am welcomed with the same error message.Is there anything else that I need to check out or is there any other solution that I can try out for fixing this issue?? I really want to solve it out somehow as I have already mentioned that I have bought the MyBookLive for accessing videos and photos specifically, any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am using an iPhone 4 and I have been running in to same issue when I am on the wi-fi network of the WD TV Live Hub, I am getting the same error message when I am trying to view the photos stored on the hub using my iPhone 4 through the WD Photos app, I am not having any issues in uploading photos that task is carried out fine the problem is just with the viewing part, the error message appears after "first time start up" dialogue, I have tried using 3G of some other network as well but then there I am not even able to upload photos and the same error message is coming up, in my case I am having latest firmware on the WD TV Live Hub as well as the latest software apps on my iphone 4, I have asked the same question in some other forum as well and some people have suggested me to install the WD2go utility first and then activate it as usual with the code that I get by the My Book Live Remote Access web config page but then in my case WD2Go is not an option for me, is there anything that I can try out??? Since like the above user has mentioned that a no of people are facing the same I just wanted to know that is there anyone who is aware of any kind of update on this issue???

I have checked about the same and I have found one mentioning that this issue is due to the router setting which forces the app for accessing the Live Hub and welcoming people with the mentioned error, the issue is that the app is not able to connect to the Hub but then it connects fine to the internet without any issues, if you want then you can just put the Live Hub's IP address in the router's DMZ and after that disable the UPnP and then try to connect and see if the issue Is getting solved or not, if that does not help then try turning Remote Access "Off" and "On” by going in to My Book Live Dashboard > Settings > Remote Access. when you do this then remote access connection will get re-established, so just try out the same and see if you are able to check out the photos or not. Just try out these things and then let me know if anyone of the solution is helping.