Thread: Will My Book Studio Edition II will work on Mac OS X Lion

Will My Book Studio Edition II will work on Mac OS X Lion

I have installed Mac OS X Lion on my laptop. right now I am looking to use My Book Studio Edition II. Before I go and purchase the same I wanted to know whether it is compatible with Mac OS X? I am not going to purchase the same if it is not compatible with Mac OS X. I am looking forward for prompt replies of users of this particular forum. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Will My Book Studio Edition II will work on Mac OS X Lion

As far as I know latest version of all WD drives are having support for Mac OS X Lion. You will require to update turbo drivers in most of the situations. So if you really wanted to use it then go ahead and get the same.

Hey thanks a lot for your prompt replies. I found several users who are getting disconnected and reconnected with drive. also WD software does not seems to working at all. so tell me whether I can upgrade the same? so let me know if you are having any useful comment on this particular matter then let me know about the same.

Yes you are right there are lots of users who are suffering from above mentioned issue. according to me it was the worst thing ever done by WD. I purchase the same drive and it is horribly slow. I talked to WD people, they told me that they are aware of the issue and currently they are working on the same. I recommend that one should not purchase WD drives. The external drives that are manufactured by them are having maximum failing rate. in my opinion one should not get any kind of issue while using external drive. one should simply connect with your system and begin with working. I am hoping WD people would improve quality of their hard drive in nearby future.