Thread: Get Asus Transformer TF300 to connect to Home WiFi Network

Get Asus Transformer TF300 to connect to Home WiFi Network

I have recently bought an Asus Transformer TF300 and the problem that I am facing with the same is that I am not able to connect it to the Netgear WNDR4000 router which is my Home WiFi Network, in my case I am using WPA2 security and I am using a MAC table for accessing and controlling the network, I don’t know what is wrong with the Asus Transformer TF300, I am able to see the SSID but then it is just not connecting, I don’t know what is the issue all about and I am really running out of ideas, I have tried using the WPS button which is on the front part of the router with the advanced settings but then it is still not making any difference, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out in resolving the same??

Re: Get Asus Transformer TF300 to connect to Home WiFi Network

Your issue seems to be weird but then before suggesting you something about the same I just wanted to know that have you tried out using some other device to check if they are getting connected to your home network?? If not then try out the same and then let me know the response that you are getting. If you want then you can try out connecting the device to some other network as well and see if it is getting connected to it?? I think that there is something wrong with your device and not your Home WiFi Network but then to be sure about the same just perform the things that I have suggested and then post back the result that you are getting for it.

Hey thanks for your interest i have tried using other devices and I am not having any issues in connecting to the network, so even I think that there is something wrong with the Asus Transformer TF300 and I have narrowed down the same by connecting it to other network and I am getting the same response there are well. I have tried checking all the settings but then I am not getting any luck, I have tried taking out all the security of the router and connecting the TF300 directly but then I am still not able to connect it to the WPA2 security turned on, is there anything else that I can try out further or I should better send the tablet back and claim for a replacement, any further suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Even I think that there is some issue with your phone after the solution that you have tried out but then I just wanted to add that are you sure that there is not an issue with the range and so?? I mean that you can try out connecting the Asus Transformer TF300 to your Home WiFi Network by staying close to the router, the other thing that you can try out is to remove all the other device that are connected to the network and only try to connect the TF300 and see if it is making any difference, I have found that some isp have an limit for the device connected to the router, this happens in rare case but then you should better check it out, also make sure that there is no other device near the router that might interfering with the connection?? You can also try out resetting the router as well. Just check these things out and then let me know what you get.

In that case I have tried out resetting the router several times but then it is not making any difference in my case, I have also tried out removing all the other device that were connected to the network and just connecting the Asus Transformer TF300 to Home WiFi Network but then I did not had any luck with that as well. There is no any such device near the router that might be interfering with the WiFi Network and I am sure about the same as I am not having any other issues in connecting an Android smartphone running gingerbread, I have tried out all the possible solutions that I could have tried out by now but then I did not had any luck, anyways thanks for your help so far I am going to send the phone for the replacement as it is very new and I am tired of trying out solutions by now.

Yes there is surely something wrong with the Asus Transformer TF300 in your case, even I am using the same and I am not having any issues in connecting it to WPA or WPA2, anyways I just wanted to add that have you tried out connecting the TF300 for verifying MAC address, if possible then reconfigure your router temporarily without the security and then confirm MAC address and see if it is making any difference, since you are using mac you can also try out turning off the MAC filtering, from what you have explained you have set up your static settings on the 300 and I think that you might have DHCP disabled on the router so just enable the same and see if you are having any luck.