Thread: GPS not working on CDMA xperia play.

GPS not working on CDMA xperia play.

I am having problems with my GPS on my xperia play. My phone service is with a carrier that uses CDMA. On your previous post you gave instructions on how to fix by selecting menu, connectivity, etc but when I press my menu button I can't find connectivity. I know your post was back in 2011 if you can help I will appreciate it. I use GPS with the Cardio trainer app to track how far, speed and calories burned while walking. The programs uses GPS to do this On my old phone HTC Hero this program worked fine but does not with the Xperia play ( and I have the same network). I have tried other programs and they do not work as well. If you can I would appreciate any help with this.

re: GPS not working on CDMA xperia play.

Quote Originally Posted by micahsr View Post
    I am having problems with my GPS on my xperia play. My phone service is with a carrier that uses CDMA. On your previous post you gave instructions on how to fix by selecting menu, connectivity, etc but when I press my menu button I can't find connectivity. I know your post was back in 2011 if you can help I will appreciate it. I use GPS with the Cardio trainer app to track how far, speed and calories burned while walking. The programs uses GPS to do this On my old phone HTC Hero this program worked fine but does not with the Xperia play ( and I have the same network). I have tried other programs and they do not work as well. If you can I would appreciate any help with this.
    Before i suggest you something about this i just wanted to know that are yo-u getting any error when you are trying to use the Cardio trainer app ? are you have any issues with any other app that uses GPS ?

Yes, I tried a GPS test app. I used my daughter's Samsung Galaxy with the Cardio app and the GPS test app to see if it was my location and they both worked on her phones so I think it would be something with my phone. We both have the same cell service.

Quote Originally Posted by micahsr View Post
    Yes, I tried a GPS test app. I used my daughter's Samsung Galaxy with the Cardio app and the GPS test app to see if it was my location and they both worked on her phones so I think it would be something with my phone. We both have the same cell service.
    Yes there are possibilities that there might be something wrong with your phone but then i think that there is something wrong with the Cardio app that you are using, may be it is due to some kind of incompatibility between the phone and the app.From which site have you downloaded the app?? have you tried downloading it from some other sites??

Re: GPS not working on CDMA xperia play.

I have downloaded it from the play store and from my cell carrier's version the features the top pick of apps by category.

Re: GPS not working on CDMA xperia play.

Play store should show your the applications that is compatible with your device right? anyways isnt there any other Cardio app in the play store?