Thread: wireless connection dropping on Asus Transformer TF300

wireless connection dropping on Asus Transformer TF300

I have recently purchased Asus Transformer TF300 tablet. This tablet is very nice it comes with the Android 4.0, quad-core Tegra 3 chip which is very nice. the only thing which disappointed me is WIFI connectivity. When I connect my Asus Transformer TF300 tablet with my home network at that time it connects properly but I can use internet without issues but if I stop using internet for sometime and then try to use internet again from my Asus Transformer TF300 tablet at that time I I need to turn off the WIFI in Asus Transformer TF300 tablet and then turn it on again. I have Linksys WRT120N router. please let me know is there any setting I need to change or problem is with the Asus Transformer TF300 tab?

Re: wireless connection dropping on Asus Transformer TF300

I have read your problem regarding the WIFI dropping issue in your Asus Transformer TF300 tablet. In Asus Transformer TF300 tablet there is WIFI sleep setting which disconnect WIFI connection if you don’t use it for extended period. You have to make sure that WIFI sleep setting is set to never. It WIFI sleep setting is not set to never then you select never in WIFI sleep setting and then see whether connection dropping issue get solved or not? If you don’t know about how to change the WIFI sleep setting in your Asus Transformer TF300 tablet then you have to first go to the settings and then you will see the customized settings option. Now you need to choose WIFI setting and then tap on the WIFI sleep setting. you have to set WIFI sleep setting to never. I hope with the after changing the sleep setting your problem will get solved.

On my Asus tablet I was experiencing similar problem and then I have changed the WIFI sleep setting and then my problem get solved. if you are facing same problem after trying this solution then you have to connect your Asus Transformer TF300 tablet with another wireless network and then check whether same problem is occurring or not? If you get same problem after connecting your Asus Transformer TF300 with any other wireless network then problem might be with your tablet only. Are you using any application related to the WIFI in your tablet? If you are using then remove that application and then what the result is.

Well I have opened settings and then changed the Wifi sleep setting to never but after that also I was facing connection dropping problem. I have also tried to solve this problem by deleting all the wireless network from my connecting my Asus Transformer TF300 tablet and restarting my tab. Now after restarting the tab I have connected it with my home network again but after that also I get same problem. I have connected my Asus Transformer TF300 tablet with my computer and then take backup of all the and after that i have opened she setting and then done factory reset. After doing factory reset when i have connected tablet with my home network at that time same thing happen. Now please let me know how can I get rid of this connecting dropping problem?

If you are not able to solve this problem after trying above solution then I will suggest you change the channel from your wireless router setting and after changing the Channel you have to disconnect your tablet from your WIFI network and then connect it again and then see whether it make any difference or not? As you have mentioned that you are using Linksys WRT120N router and you can change the Chanel with the help of these steps, open browser in your computer or laptop and then go to the router setup page of your Linksys WRT120N router. After doing that you have to click on the wireless tab. Now select basic setting section. Look for the wireless channel drop down box. Click on the dropdown box and then select different channel. After applying the setting you have to see whether your problem gets solved or not?