Thread: MacBook Pro keeps on searching network printer after Mac OS X Lion update

MacBook Pro keeps on searching network printer after Mac OS X Lion update

I am using Lexmark wireless printer with my MacBook Pro and it was working fine. Recently I have upgrade operating system to MAC OS X Lion in my MacBook Pro and then when I have added Lexmark printer from that time it has started giving me annoying problems. Now whenever I try to print anything from my printer at that time it takes so much time to find it. I have tried to solve this problem by removing the printer from my MacBook pro and then adding it again but after that when I try to print anything at that time also I get same problem. I was not having this problem before upgrading my system to Lion. If I connect my Lexmark printer with my windows computer and then try to print at that time I don’t get any problem. I am using netgear router and my printer is connected wirelessly with my MacBook pro. Please help me out with this.

Re: MacBook Pro keeps on searching network printer after Mac OS X Lion update

I have gone though the problem which are facing while printing from your MacBook Pro. You have mentioned that your printer is working fine with your windows computer and that is why I will suggest you to open Lexmark printer properties from and then you have to check which port is selected there and then you have to try same port on your MacBook Pro for your printer and then check whether your problem get solved or not? To check the printer properties in window you have to open control panel and then select hard ware and sound option. From hardware and sound option you have to select devices and printers. Now right click on your Lexmark printer and then you have to select printer properties. After selecting the printer properties you have to click on the port tab. Now you will see the configure port tab and then you have to click on it. After clicking on the configure port tab you have to see which port is selected there.

I was also having similar problem while using my printer with my MacBook Air and then I have opened printer properties on my Dell laptop and then I have notice that it was using raw port and then I have tried that in my MacBook air and then my problem get solved.

You should try these steps to solve this problem. first of all you have to go to the System preferences. After going in to the system preferences you have to click open printer and fax and then you have to click on add printer option. Now you will see the IP address option. After selecting the IP address you have to click on the Protocol and then select HP jet direct or IPP. You have to put iPadress of your Lexmark printer there. Now after doing that you should disable SNMP and then check whether your printer works properly or not