Thread: Is it possible to use Android on Micromax W900

Is it possible to use Android on Micromax W900

I have bought a new Micromax W900 suggested by friend. I was actually not at all interested in buying this phone as this phone had Windows mobile installed in it. I really hate windows phone, other than this if you ask me I will always prefer Android devices. Currently Android phones are the only one that is at the top at this stage. Anyways just because of his suggestion I went for this phone but now I am planning to go for Android OS.

My Micromax W900 is currently having Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional but I looking out for installing Android OS. Is there anyone who knows the trick to install or flash Android OS into it? Before let me know anything it would be much better if anyone let me know whether it is actually possible to install Android on a Micromax W900 phone. As far as I know it is possible but hasn’t come across the steps for doing it. If anyone have any questions or need any more detailed information regarding anything related to my issue then please let me know I would surely post here the details are the required information. Hope I will get an appropriate suggestion over here.

Re: Is it possible to use Android on Micromax W900

Even I am really fed up using Windows phone into my Micromax phone. I really wanted to switch to Android and I also tried doing so number of time but unfortunately failed all the way. First of all let me tell you that it is very much possible to install Android on a Windows Phone 6.1 handset. In fact I even got the steps for doing it but don’t know for some reason I am getting some error while performing the steps. Initially I was not getting any proper suggestion for installing Android OS into my phone but then I found certain steps to be performed for the same purpose. What I was suggested was to press and then hold up the volume down, camera key and power key altogether at the same time for performing Factory reset or you can also say Clean Boot. Then in step two it suggestion to press and hold Volume up, volume down and power key for some flashing Utility. Now the thing is that I am able to do the Factory Reset easily without any trouble but then after that when I try to hold Volume up + Volume down + power key, it tells me that it is checking out for a valid image file and then as per the instruction when I proceed with step 3 for updating I get an error message saying “Card operate: Read retry timeout”. I really do not have any idea what should be done in order to avoid this error. Is there anyone who is aware of this error message and knows anything about the further steps? Please help me out, I am in such a condition where I have the entire steps for installing Android OS but unfortunately I am not aware of doing error I am getting presently. If possible you can do one thing, why don’t you try these steps into your Micromax W900 and let me what your mobile shows.

Re: Is it possible to use Android on Micromax W900

There are certain things that I really wanted to change in my Micromax W900 but completely failed all the way. First I tried my level best to switch to an Android OS but completely failed doing so. Many times I was suggested with some of the other suggestion for installing Android but nothing worked. Then I dropped the idea of flashing to Android and planned to first modify the current ROM on this phone, but seems like I will surely fail in modifying the ROM too. Did lot of research on internet about the ROM and found certain information about updating the ROM, but when try to do so, it tells me to first download the ROM for my device. Now the question arise is where exactly I will get the ROM for my Micromax W900. Please help me out, I know I am trying to ask something which is not related to this thread but I guess after modifying the ROM I will somehow be able to install the OS successfully. So please anyone who knows about micromax ROM let me know as soon as possible.