Thread: Unable to install Sony DSC-W530 Cybershot on Windows XP, error with PBM Installer.

Unable to install Sony DSC-W530 Cybershot on Windows XP, error with PBM Installer.

I have bought a Sony DSC-W530 Cybershot. When I am trying to install it is not getting installed. I am not understanding what to do is there any problem with my cyber shot I am very much upset with the buy even I am trying to have a word with the Sony service center but was unable to get through them can anyone help me with this as feeling very bad please somebody help.

Re: Unable to install Sony DSC-W530 Cybershot on Windows XP, error with PBM Installer.

I want to ask you some questions when you install the PMB do the installation completes, if not can you explain what exactly happens during the installation process? What is the error message that you are getting? Are you logged in as an Administrator while installing the PMB? What is the Windows version you are using and what is the PMB version you are using? Before you run the installation setup try closing any other applications that are running including those displayed in the system tray? Please let me know these things so that I can help you in better way.

Re: Unable to install Sony DSC-W530 Cybershot on Windows XP, error with PBM Installer.

I have Windows XP service pack 2 installed on my system and yes I am trying to install the program as an Administrator and the PMB version I am using is 5.3 the error message thrown by the system is “PMB installer: cannot install because this package does not support Windows Service pack 2 or earlier. Update to 3 or later and try again later.” I have no applications running during the installation what should I do? Do I need to upgrade my system is there any another way to do this installation. I am worried to upgrade my system. I fear if I upgrade to higher version of OS then I may lose some of the important files in my system so guide me in this regards.

You will need to upgrade your Windows to Windows XP service pack 3 or higher version so that PMB can get easily installed on your system. Unfortunately there is no way out of this it is the only thing you can do. You can use Windows Update or Microsoft Download center to obtain Windows XP Service pack 3 online and you don’t have to worry about the data because you will not lose it. It just takes long time to download and install. If you still feel that you will lose the data then better take a back up of some important data. I suggest you to upgrade to XP service Pack 3 soon because Microsoft are going to stop supporting service pack 2 and you will get updates only if you have XP 2.