Thread: Thumbnail File / Folder is taking nearly 2GB space on Toshiba Thrive3

Thumbnail File / Folder is taking nearly 2GB space on Toshiba Thrive3

Hello guys out there I have purchased the Toshiba Thrive3 tablet. I really like this tablet and the specifications in this tablet are really great. The graphics provided in Toshiba Thrive3 tablet is excellent and the processing speed is also great. I have 16GB Toshiba Thrive3 tablet in that I have added many folders and files. I am using only 11 GB and when I actually checked the properties and the size of the files and folders I have in it they show only 9GB. The other 2GB is occupied by the Thumbnail folder. I never added this folder in my tablet. I am using mobo player and other apps for viewing the photos. How did this folder came in my Toshiba Thrive3 tablet and how can I remove it?

Re: Thumbnail File / Folder is taking nearly 2GB space on Toshiba Thrive3

I am also having the Toshiba Thrive3 tablet and I love this tablet. This tablet was launched before the Samsung galaxy tab. I have installed many applications in Toshiba Thrive3 tablet and using many applications. I have also downloaded the games and other apps. I am using 16GB my Toshiba Thrive3 tablet but I never saw something like this. In my Toshiba Thrive3 tablet I have movies, videos, music and images but in no folder naming Thumbnail. In my tab I have only two folders more than 2 GB are music and movies folder. In images there are thumbnail views but never heard about the thumbnail folder neither seen in any tab. If it is of this big size then why don’t you try deleting it. Delete the folder and you will free with more space which the folder has occupied.

I think that the problem is caused due to virus. Your Toshiba Thrive3 tablet might be infected with the virus. I suggest you to check for the viruses in your Toshiba Thrive3 tablet. I think that when you have connected your Toshiba Thrive3 tablet with your computer the virus may have been also copied from the computer. And this has the folder Thumbnail and it is taking about 2GB of space. Try to delete it from the tablet. If you are unable to delete the folder from the tablet then connect your tab with the computer and then delete the folder form the computer. Viruses come to your tablet when you connect it to internet or from USB drives. They get downloaded from with the file which you download. They are very small in size and are attached with the file. It gets executed when run or open the file you downloaded.

I am having the Toshiba Excite tablet and I am very happy to have this tablet. I liked the specifications of the tablet and the features too. The features are really very nice and the tablet is good. There are many good features of the Toshiba Excite tablet. I was also having the problem similar to yours. I was having the problem that another folder was created with some symbols and it occupied about 1.5 GB of the space in my tab. I did not know from where the folder had came. I didn’t even connect the tab to the computer. I discussed this problem with my friend and told me to uninstall all the apps one by one and check. I uninstalled most of the applications from my Toshiba Excite tablet but when I uninstalled the mobo player application the folder just disappeared. My friend told me that the folder might be created by the application to save the data for the last vides played, or the video which has been paused in between and for the recovery of the videos and other details for the player. So I suggest you to remove the unwanted applications from the tablet.

I think that the problem is with some of the application you are using. I know that there are many applications available on for Toshiba Excite tablet. The space available on the Toshiba Excite tablet is also large so that you can keep most of your data in the tablet. And you have installed many applications in your Toshiba Excite tablet. Try deleting the folder if it automatically gets restored of the same size then there is a possibility that it can be the virus. But I think that the problem is with the mobo player application. This application might have kept the previous data to secure and restore it when needed. And it might have not cleared any of the data and therefore the size of the folder has been increased this much.