Thread: downloading apps from Amazon app Store gives insufficient space on my SD card error on Toshiba Thrive.

downloading apps from Amazon app Store gives insufficient space on my SD card error on Toshiba Thrive.

I recently purchased the new Toshiba Thrive tablet 16 GB. It is having really nice features. It comes with the Android 3.0 honeycomb. It has nice functions in it. It is having 1 GHz dual core processor which is really fast as compared to some other tablets. You can play games on this tablet as it is having the Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 chipset which gives good graphics to the user. I have installed many applications in my Toshiba Thrive tablet. Now-a-days I am facing a new problem when I am downloading any application from the amazon app store it is giving me the error that I don’t have enough space in my SD card. It gives this error and the download stops. Is anyone else having the same problem. Can anyone provide the solution for this?

Re: downloading apps from Amazon app Store gives insufficient space on my SD card error on Toshiba Thrive.

Yes I know that the Toshiba Thrive tablet is very nice and easy to use. There are many features of the Toshiba Thrive tablet and some are really good. I really love this tablet from the day when I purchased it. The main thing I like about the Toshiba Thrive tablet is the processor. The graphics provided in this tab is also good as it is having the Nvidia chipset. I also have installed the amazon application store and I am not facing any kind of problem in downloading the applications from the application store. I don’t think so that the problem is with the SD card. Applications cannot be put in the SD card through tablet. Check whether you are having enough space in your Toshiba Thrive tablet. Go to file manager and check that how much space you are having. If you don’t have enough space in both the places that is in the tablet as well as in the SD card the application will not get downloaded.

Re: downloading apps from Amazon app Store gives insufficient space on my SD card error on Toshiba Thrive.

Hello guys, I am also using the same Toshiba Thrive tablet and I must say that this the best tablet at such an affordable price. Toshiba Thrive tablet really has good features and you can even use this tablet to call and use the internet wherever you want. Toshiba has provided really good features in this tablet. I may not be sure about the problem you are telling but I think that there might be some problem in the application you downloaded. I think that you should try to clear the cache memory of the application you have installed in your Toshiba Thrive tablet. Clear the cache of the application in following way.
    • Open menu and go to settings.
    • In settings select applications.
    • In applications select manage applications.
    • In manage applications you find all the apps you have installed, from that select the app Amazon apps store and select the clear cache button.
    • After clearing the cache of the application try the application and check whether you are getting the same error or not.

Hello guys, I was having the same problem in my Toshiba Excite tablet. I like this tablet as it has the android as operating system. Toshiba is really proving good features at this price. I searched for the solution but I was unable to find it. I discussed this problem with one of my friend and he suggested me to uninstall the application and then reinstall the application again. I tried as my friend suggested me and it really worked. The uninstall and the reinstall application solved my problem. I suggest you also to try for the same and check whether you are having any problem after reinstalling the application.

I think that the problem is with the SD card. I had the same problem my tablet didn’t let me install or download any application in the SD card. I did not know that why I was happening. I was playing the videos and the movies which I had in my SD card. But I was not able to download any application form the internet to my card. I had about 2GB of free space in my card but still the error came that not enough space in SD card. Once when I wanted to add songs, movies and videos on another card I removed the card and added the second card. Then I tried downloading it on the other card, It was getting downloaded and when I plugged in my card again to the Toshiba Thrive tablet it was getting downloaded in my SD card also. I suggest you to try the same, remove your card and try to download any application in another card and then plug in your card and try again downloading the application in your card it should get downloaded.