Thread: Product Code of windows Xp shows invalid on reinstall In Dell Inspiron 1525

Product Code of windows Xp shows invalid on reinstall In Dell Inspiron 1525

I have Dell Inspiron 1525. It effected by virus and too slow. So, I reinstall a fresh copy of windows by re installation disc come along with laptop. The product code on sticker on back side of laptop is shows invalid when I try to insert. I allow me to use window but shows windows is not activated. I try windows activation process but it cannot solve my problem. anyone know how to get new key and how to solve my problem?

Re: Product Code of windows Xp shows invalid on reinstall In Dell Inspiron 1525

first I want to tell you that, if you are using dell OEM disks which come along with your laptop then you not need to enter a product. It shows your product is not activated than try a windows updates. I hope that remove the not genuine message. Are you repaired your laptop at any point or changed your mother board before this installation?

Thanks for your reply, I download and install all the suggested updates but it cannot solve my problem. I never repair my laptop to anywhere. Even I can’t get any trouble with my laptop before this.

OK, that kind of problem normally comes when you change your any hardware or sometimes occurred when your key is blocked from windows due to any reasons or by mistake. I think you can contact to nearer dell care center with proof of ownership and they will solve your problem otherwise provide you a new product key.