Thread: Get videos off Sony DSC-HX9V cybershot to iPhoto

Get videos off Sony DSC-HX9V cybershot to iPhoto

Anybody who can help me out please. Sony Cybershot DSC-HX9V has all the best features with all advanced technologies. I purchased this device a month and enjoyed with it a lot. The best thing is that you can keep on researching upon it and you won’t get bored at anytime. This is what I always do with my Cybershot, more than using it I keep on researching with the file transfers and compatibilities. Anyways now there a point where I am stuck, yesterday I was trying to transfer all the videos to iPhoto that I shot through my camera but failed in doing so. Tried out a lot and also searched for the steps on internet but all I got is a long indirect steps. Initially I thought that it won’t be possible for doing so but then slowly after researching bit I found that it is actually possible. But for that I will have to first import the Video clips to iMovie and then after importing those video I will have to again import those saved files into the much required iPhoto. This is done and its working, actually I already knew that it will work but again it’s not that what I am looking for. I need a direct procedure to import all my Cybershot videos to iPhoto without adding any apps or software in-between as an intermediate

Now what I believe is, if there is an indirectly method for importing the videos from Cybershot to iPhoto then surely there might be an alternate short and direct method for doing the same. anyone having a Cybershot and know how to transfer the video to iPhoto. Please let me know as soon as possible with a suitable solution. I would really appreciate if anyone able to do this for me as until now I haven’t found anyone with a proper suggestion for transferring the videos from a Cybershot to iPhoto other than the indirect method I explained.

Re: Get videos off Sony DSC-HX9V cybershot to iPhoto

So you are a Mac user. Even I have a Mac system but I do not possess a cybershot camera instead I have a Sony camcorders. I think Mac and Sony cameras are nowhere compatible with each other in any aspects. They always come with an error while trying to connect the camcorder to the Mac system. I am really fed up with both of them. all the time I try to connect my camcorder to this system and I end up facing some issue, but the issue wont persist if and only if my system’s iPhoto provides an import facility to the camera that would function correctly. You would easily perform the task once if you get the import feature working accurately with your Cybershot model. Anyways I am not lucky enough to get it done directly into my Mac. But I must say that the steps that you have provided are also one of the best methods to import the videos to the Mac system if you do not mind doing it through iMovie. Let’s wait and watch whether anyone has any alternate solution for the video import.

Re: Get videos off Sony DSC-HX9V cybershot to iPhoto

I have got something to share with you. I am not sure about any kind of direct procedure for transferring the videos from Cybershot to your Mac computer but I can let you know something that I do to transfer the videos. I have got an Eye-fi card, its nothing but almost similar to wi-fi that helps to you establish a connection between two devices are product wirelessly without even having a router or a modem. I got this card last week but I must say that this card is nowhere suits your requirement. Actually I am not sure about the functions and features of this card but I know that this card is capable of transferring only images to the iPhoto directly without any issue but certainly it wont be able to do the same with the videos. Videos are transferred to somewhere else to the folder and not to the iPhoto. I do not have any issue with the videos getting imported to the folder. As according to my requirement I wanted to transfer only my Cybershot clicked images to the iPhoto and not the videos and it happening the same. Quiet happy with that.