Thread: Sony Reader PRS-T1 Battery low even after 100% charging

Sony Reader PRS-T1 Battery low even after 100% charging

I am one of the real lover of reading, I like reading a lot and therefore due to this reason I purchased Sony Reader PRS-T1. This is the 2nd day of this eBook reader device and guess what? It’s into some big trouble; I think if I understood the issue correctly then the battery of this device is corrupted. What happened was then the moment I took out the device out of the package and then when I turned it on, found that the device had no charging at all. I thought it’s a new product so must be the new batter has not yet been charged and believing so I turned it for charging through my computer and left the device to get fully charged for next 3 to 4 hours, I connected the device to my computer system as I prefer it the best source for charging. I made sure that I would unplug the charging only after the device is fully charged and it did the same. after the small battery icon sent me the notification that the battery is fully charged I simply and along with that I also checked out the Red light (the light went away completely), but then when I unplugged the device from my computer I found that everything into the device remained the same. I mean to say that the charging was not at all raised into the battery; I was displayed with a battery low message on the screen of the reader.

After such a long time of charging at least the battery should have stayed with 40 to 50% of charging, but the case was completely different the battery showed fully empty and in fact the device was even ready to get switch off. I though just because of some loose connection might be the battery didn’t charged properly but then if this is the case then how come I was told by the device that batter has completely charged. I am very much confused please help me out friends, this is horrible. How come brand new products come up with such a big issue? Please help me out what should I do.

Re: Sony Reader PRS-T1 Battery low even after 100% charging

Replace the device. This is the only solution I would suggest you no matter what you think about it but if yours is a newly bought product then surely you should either return or replace it as soon as possible. I am not sure with this product but there are many other products that come up with the same battery issue. it’s not the fault of the manufacturer or someone else, obviously electronic products are bound to get some sort of electronic issues. It’s the customer who has to be smart enough to identify the correct product and device and go for selecting the best one that would not create any issue and also should be safe with in all aspects. Anyways instead of searching out for a solution its better for you that report this issue to the Care center and let them explain you the further procedure to get the product replaced. They should surely get you a replaced product but if in case the customer care center denies replacing the product then do not hesitate to return the product. There are other more brands existing in the market that would provide you with the best ebook reader along with the best and affordable services. Now its up to you what you plan to choose, if you need a long living product then better replace it or stay here for any further appropriate solution.

Re: Sony Reader PRS-T1 Battery low even after 100% charging

It’s a small issue; you need not have to worry at all. The above friend has spoken the truth but let me tell you that the issue is not so serious that you will directly plan for a replacement. There are certain mini solutions that are meant to be tried out whenever you face such problem. So be calm and then try the one that is best suggested to you and then on the basis of the result go for making a proper decision if possible.

Anyways I won’t suggestion for any replacement instead I would suggest you to at least try out the reset option in your device. What you can do is visit the official site of Sony and over there you would find a page or Tab called Support, in that go to support for T1. Then once you enter the page, scroll down to the manuals and then download the iManuals to the file. If check out the manual and go to Contents, over there you would find a section for troubleshooting, and then go to Battery. You might end up getting the procedure for resetting. You need have to worry with the reset as I guess there’s no important data existing or stored into it as yet. You only need to worry if you have downloaded or installed any kind of app or software. But after reading out your thread I can easily make out that you have till now not yet downloaded anything into your device. Just try out the reset procedure from the place that I suggested you and then let me know the result whether the battery issue went off or not.