Thread: Toshiba Excite tablet wont power on immediately if it is power off for long period

Toshiba Excite tablet wont power on immediately if it is power off for long period

I have recently bought Toshiba Excite tablet and the problem that I am facing with the same is that when I am powering down the tablet and leaving it like that for some time and when I am trying to powering it up again then it is not powering up immediately but then I have to press the power button 5 to six times to get it started, I am not very sure but then it appears as if there is something wrong with the software, is there anyone else who has faced the same and has an idea about it I doubt if I am only the one having this issue, I have searched out for this issue and I have not yet found raising the same but then I think that there might be other facing this issue as well. Anyways is there any solution that I can try to fix this??

Re: Toshiba Excite tablet wont power on immediately if it is power off for long period

In that case I just wanted to know the below few things so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing and will try to help you out with the same:
    1. What happens when the tablet is starting? I mean that are you getting the colored bar animation? Or the lock screen when it gets on?
    2. What happens when you are turning it off but still keeping it plugged for some time and then powering it up again?
    3. Is it happening every time when the tablet is turned off and kept still for some hours or it is happening frequently??

Just check out these things and then let me know what response you are getting for these workarounds.

Re: Toshiba Excite tablet wont power on immediately if it is power off for long period

You are not the only one who is facing this issue as even I am running in to the same, according to the tablet instructions we have to long press the power button for ten seconds to get it on but then I have tried pressing the power button for 30 seconds as well and is giving me the same response the power light just blinks for once or twice and after that nothing happens until I repeat the same process for a couple of time, I am not that concerned with this as it is not affecting the tablet while using it and I hardly power it down completely but then if it is an issue then I will like to know if there is a solution for the same, even I think that this is some kind of software bug, I am quite sure that there is nothing wrong with the power button as it is turning off properly the problem is only while turning it on after complete powerdown, I also wanted to know that when will be the ICS available for the excite ? Can we expect this issue to be solved with an update, I have asked the same question in some other forum as well but then I have not yet got much help. If anyone finds out an answer for this then please share it will be very help full. I have contacted the Toshiba support regarding this as well but then they just said that they are not able to reproduce the same at their side which is making me feel that there might be something wrong with the piece we are having. I don’t know what to do and I am not willing to send it for replacement as it is a minor issue.

I am not very sure but then if you all want then you can try out restoring the tablet to factory setting and see if it is making any difference but then before trying out the same make sure that you are backing up the data that you need as you will be losing all the personal information after restoring the tablet to factory setting, you need to try out the below steps:
    • First Tap the "Settings" icon from the tablets home screen.
    • After that Select "Privacy." And then Tap "Factory Data Reset." And Select "Reset Tabloid."
    • Now Select "Erase Everything." Once you do that the resotoring process will start and then tablet might go through a loop of restart which is normal and you don’t have to worry about the same.

Just try it out and then let me know if restoring the tablet to factory setting is helping you guys out or not.

It has been just two weeks since I have bought the tablet and I am facing the same, I did not faced the same issue in the first week but then I don’t know what went wrong with the same and from the starting of the second week I started facing the same issue when powering up the tablet, I think that there is some issue with the battery, I mean the software might not be thinking that there might not be enough power to start up, the issue does not exist in the sleep mode process it is just with the complete poweroff of the tablet, I have tried restoring to the factory setting but then it is not making any difference and I am still able to reproduce the same issue frequently, I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the power button from what you have explained, I have to try powering it on for some couple of time to finally get it started, I have been looking after a solution for the same In other forums as well but then I have not yet found an effective solution this. has anyone solved this issue by now??

Hey guys I think that I can help you out here, first of all I will like to inform you that the upgraded to ICS is available now, I was having the same issue previously and since it is a minor bug I had not cared about the same but then I was aware of it, I had contacted the Toshiba support as well but then they had suggested me doing factory setting and all which did not made any difference in my case and when their solutions did not worked out for me then they said the same that they are not able to reproduce the same issue at their site and they are looking in to this matter and after that I had almost forgot this issue but then later after upgrading my Toshiba support to ICS I found that the same issue was not there, I think that the ics update has fixed the issue so if anyone of you have not been able to solve this issue then you can try to upgrade to the ics and see if the issue is getting solved in your case as well or not.